Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 259 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost certainly 2. I could be wrong, but the track they're installing isn't wide enough for 4 seater coaster cars, but I'd defer to the coaster experts in this thread on that
Based on this using a conveyor belt load platform my guess has been rows of two. Seems most logical.

Yes, that was posted a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice video. I believe where he has the building structure housing the upward track is probably different, reports are that it will be a cave with spiders instead.
I doubt we would see spiders on this ride. But that’s just a gut feeling. We’ve gotten our fill over at Forbidden Journey.

Yes, that was posted a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice video. I believe where he has the building structure housing the upward track is probably different, reports are that it will be a cave with spiders instead.
I must know what program he used to create this! If anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated.

So I am not much of a coaster guy at all (actually I don't ride them) so I have convinced myself that I can do the spike just once at least to see what the ride is all about. I do like that there are no inverted loops and the usual suspects of coasters. So my only concerns left are the launches and track drop. Will the launches compare to what we have on Gringotts (where the dragon takes us out). Also will the drop be similar to Gringotts where Bellatrix attacks us? (I do realize everything is hypothetical right now) Any help will be appreciated!!

Will the launches compare to what we have on Gringotts (where the dragon takes us out).
Yes. Likely a smidge more smoothly/progressive.

Also will the drop be similar to Gringotts where Bellatrix attacks us? (I do realize everything is hypothetical right now) Any help will be appreciated!!
No. More like what you feel from a single drop on Tower of Terror.

So I am not much of a coaster guy at all (actually I don't ride them) so I have convinced myself that I can do the spike just once at least to see what the ride is all about. I do like that there are no inverted loops and the usual suspects of coasters. So my only concerns left are the launches and track drop. Will the launches compare to what we have on Gringotts (where the dragon takes us out). Also will the drop be similar to Gringotts where Bellatrix attacks us? (I do realize everything is hypothetical right now) Any help will be appreciated!!

To answer the drop track, it's seeming like that Universal is going to use a more, "traditional" (in a way) Drop Track, more similar to what Merlin has at Alton for Thirteen and what SWPE has for Verbolten in the terms of what Universal is doing.

But unlike Thirteen, the backwards portion will be before you are into the Drop Track sequence.

As for Launches, it seems more varied than Gringotts.

Reactions: Ryno27
Thanks Andy, I have not been on ToT either. The only thing I can compare it to that I have experienced is that 1st drop on Gringotts. Do you, or anyone else have thoughts on how far the drop will be?

alexandermbush thanks for the clip (I think!) Joe 15 to 20 feet is a possibility for me thanks also for your input. Anyone know what the drop distance is for Gringotts?

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
alexandermbush thanks for the clip (I think!) Joe 15 to 20 feet is a possibility for me thanks also for your input. Anyone know what the drop distance is for Gringotts?
Around 30ft, but I did hear that the drop track would be a little taller than normal. Going from 20-30ft is what I heard from an insider.

Reactions: Ryno27
I have ridden Verbolten at BGW, the drop track on there is a strange sensation for sure but it is over before you can even blink...The launches I'm expecting will increase in stages, I think Gringotts' launch would be a good comparison

I'll admit I was quite scared for Thirteen's drop - I really don't like the straight down sensations. However as mentioned above, it is over before you even realise and I'd have no qualms of doing the ride again.

Just rode Verbolten for the first time the other week and loved the drop track. Definitely over before you know it, but a cool sensation and I'm sure it's startling for people who don't know it's coming.

If this drop track is taller than Verbolten's that'd be great. It seems like such a small amount of the height is free fall, then a bunch of braking and slowly locking into place. If Uni can get a longer drop and expedite the "landing" process at the bottom, it'd do wonders for pacing, which is my largest critique of drop tracks. Entering and exiting the drop track section chews up some time and can do wonky things to the pacing of a ride.

Reactions: Ryno27 and LJGonz
Just rode Verbolten for the first time the other week and loved the drop track. Definitely over before you know it, but a cool sensation and I'm sure it's startling for people who don't know it's coming.

If this drop track is taller than Verbolten's that'd be great. It seems like such a small amount of the height is free fall, then a bunch of braking and slowly locking into place. If Uni can get a longer drop and expedite the "landing" process at the bottom, it'd do wonders for pacing, which is my largest critique of drop tracks. Entering and exiting the drop track section chews up some time and can do wonky things to the pacing of a ride.
Verbolten is a different manufacturer, so I imagine this one will be (at least somewhat) different.

I don’t think it will be very tall though. It’s about the surprise of the sudden drop, less about the length of the thrill.

One think I'm a bit worried for is how well they'll be able to make the transition from the drop track to the final launch. Thirteen goes directly from the drop to the launch and that works very well, but this has to go through the track switch which might cause a bit of a dead spot if they don't hide it well.

Reactions: Kraken&Manta
Status
Not open for further replies.