Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope, with the changes to lockers, entrance, and what-not, that they quietly also redo the first few rooms to act as if people are going through a museum. That, would be a great change, and would complement the rest of the attraction if it's showed as if The Book of The Dead is a museum exhibit, that causes the museum to change.
Ehhh...nah. The opening tomb scene is as classic as the caves in PotC imo, I love the skeletons dressed up as crew members and it’s just a very atmospheric scene.

Wait, were you referring to the queue? If so, yes please.

If the coaster section got insanely themed with tomb walls and everything, I might faint. My imagination is creating some crazy ideas right now.

I hope, with the changes to lockers, entrance, and what-not, that they quietly also redo the first few rooms to act as if people are going through a museum. That, would be a great change, and would complement the rest of the attraction if it's showed as if The Book of The Dead is a museum exhibit, that causes the museum to change.
To add to this thought, I always thought the banners on the museum facade should have read something like "Hamunaptra: City of the Dead" or "Treasures of Hamunaptra" to play more into the lore of the series.

Literally all the ride needs is a queue makeover (only the first 2 rooms into a Museum), change up the turntable scene to include physical aspects and add theming to the finale.
The brakes on the ride make a really unpleasant screeching sound. Especially before the switch track section after the station. Also. The ride IMO has gotten a little less smooth. The track should get new brakes since this ride really wears out the brakes, and maybe a track sanding or polish.

Prepare to be disapointed haha....I think a ride is asking a bit much

But I have been surprised before
Oh I know haha. Would love to see it, but also know the chances are slim to none... Even if I think it'd be a smart decision to have a few timeless areas to offset the flavor of the week IP areas that are destined to need replacement sooner than preferred.

Guess we'll just wait and see!

Edit: Guess I shouldn't have said it was my "most anticipated" but rather the big item on my wish list.

As long as it stays Mummy! Universal needs to give this thing a full on refurb, get it back to full effects and plus it, instead of just waiting until enough effects are broken to the point where the only option is replacement.

I know in the past, space was limited, but Universal has more flexibility in being able to keep attractions (that deserve it) around longer now. Mummy is one of those attractions.

Why would Universal wait till the last possible minute to fix effects? I don’t get it
Universal VERY RARELY gives attractions actual refurbs. Hulk is really the only time in recent memory that they've taken an attraction down for a long period of time, given it some love, and reopened it as the same attraction. Most of the time when an attraction closes at Universal, it's to make way for a new one, not a refurb.

If they do anything with the queue they need to make it brighter. I understand theming but it can be a little hard to see in there.

Reactions: JoeCamel
If they do anything with the queue they need to make it brighter. I understand theming but it can be a little hard to see in there.
Especially after walking around in the bright sun. I've seen tons of people struggle to get up the stairs in the single riders queue because of how dark it is in there.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Especially after walking around in the bright sun. I've seen tons of people struggle to get up the stairs in the single riders queue because of how dark it is in there.
That's gonna be a hard :thumbsdown:.

The overwhelming darkness adds to the immersion of the tomb and anticipation of the ride more than any other queue I've experienced, except maybe ToT (another dark queue).

Reactions: tankart150
Universal VERY RARELY gives attractions actual refurbs. Hulk is really the only time in recent memory that they've taken an attraction down for a long period of time, given it some love, and reopened it as the same attraction. Most of the time when an attraction closes at Universal, it's to make way for a new one, not a refurb.
Which is something they should change, in my opinion of course.