Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are they going to have some sort of grand opening ceremony or hupla or anything still lol???

So maybe you can compare it to like a best buy or something that sorta kinda is open before its offically grand opened and how they hang the banners out side saying now open but its more of a dress rehearsal opeining.

Manta Soft opened for a few weeks before its "grand opening"

Manta Soft opened for a few weeks before its "grand opening"

That's pretty standard in the industry. In most cases, Grand Openings tend to fall on when the park can get the most media attention - ie before a busy travel period, etc. In this case though, the ride will stay in soft openings because it truly IS in soft openings; things will continue to be tweaked and improved, capacity will be added, and by the time it's ready to actually have that grand opening, the whole thing will run as a much smoother attraction.

Universal REALLY made the right call here. :clap:

That's pretty standard in the industry. In most cases, Grand Openings tend to fall on when the park can get the most media attention - ie before a busy travel period, etc. In this case though, the ride will stay in soft openings because it truly IS in soft openings; things will continue to be tweaked and improved, capacity will be added, and by the time it's ready to actually have that grand opening, the whole thing will run as a much smoother attraction.

Universal REALLY made the right call here. :clap:

Agreed. *huge sigh of relief* Thanks for the explanations, Chris!

Well, I'm really enjoying the new excitement in the air @ Universal. I can't wait to ride at night again during HHN.

So far, HRRR is the only thing I'm looking forward to at HHN this year.

What has Rockit's schedule been like lately? Has it been opening when the park opens or is it just random times throughout the day? I might go to the park on Saturday and just want to be prepared.

Last edited:
So far, HRRR is the only thing I'm looking forward to at HHN this year.

What has Rockit's schedule been like lately? Has it been opening when the park opens or is it just random times throughout the day? I might go to the park on Saturday and just want to be prepared.

The weather is usually better in late mornings - that gives the sun some time to peak out from behind the clouds.

Anyone ride with Kanye West's "Stronger" yet? I'm looking forward to it.
I've used this track twice. Its loud and has a great pace that keeps you pumped up through the entire ride. I highly recommend it if you're one of those who will put up with Kanye.

I believe it has officially opened today. There were news crews at Rockit from what I've heard and just saw on YouTube.

It is not "open" in terms of grand opening. It's soft open, as it will likely continue to do. News crews will happen on soft openings to cover the breaking news that people are riding it, but that is entirely different from holding a formal media event where invites are sent out, the ride is not available to the public, camera crews have private shoots, etc. That won't happen until the ride is up to full speed (speaking in terms of operation, not literal "speed" - obviously the coaster won't get faster)

your saying no LIM's will be installed on this coaster?

No. Not on any of the existing track, but next year when they expand it to add the scene that goes into the lagoon, there is talk that it might have LIMs in it to simulate skipping across the waves with the boats. I've also heard rumblings of a possible leg tickler effect being added to create the illusion that fish are swiming around in your trains during this scene.

(That one's for you, Mr. Heck.)

It is not "open" in terms of grand opening. It's soft open, as it will likely continue to do. News crews will happen on soft openings to cover the breaking news that people are riding it, but that is entirely different from holding a formal media event where invites are sent out, the ride is not available to the public, camera crews have private shoots, etc. That won't happen until the ride is up to full speed (speaking in terms of operation, not literal "speed" - obviously the coaster won't get faster)

Universal contacted the station I work at and declared it "Open". That means it is "Open". It is no longer in technical rehearsals. It is "Open". They may have not had a "Grand Opening" event yet, but it is no longer in Technical Rehearsals.

And this YouTube video from Universal PR pretty much ends your arguement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVELd-z3Ys8

Universal contacted the station I work at and declared it "Open". That means it is "Open". It is no longer in technical rehearsals. It is "Open". They may have not had a "Grand Opening" event yet, but it is no longer in Technical Rehearsals.

And this YouTube video from Universal PR pretty much ends your arguement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVELd-z3Ys8

I don't have an "arguement" - and I can't believe other people are trying to turn it into such. The ride is in technical rehearsals. It's open daily to guests, but CAN close at any time (and might have to when it comes time to reprogram the operating system to get the other trains online.)

It sort of baffles me that this is so hard for people to accept? I mean what's the big deal? You can ride it - so go ride it - but it's not done with tech rehearsals until ALL the trains are online, the magic carpet is online, Express is in use, media day occurs, etc, etc, etc, etc.

The magic carpet can turn on at anytime but they won't turn it on with only 3 trains because its pointless. The technical rehearsals sign is no longer up. Why are you so sure its still in technicals? Universal is sure making a point to tell everyone that its no longer in technicals.

It has officially been announced that Rockit is open and will be open every morning at 10 am. The Grand Opening won't be for a while.