Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re close to announcement day, right? Wasn’t the coaster rumored to be announced the day DHS opens TSL?

If so, that’s essentially tomorrow.

Why are they waiting so long though? Usually they announce their projects in May, and that’s for projects two years in advance.

Maybe they’re waiting for Fantastic Beasts 2 for synergy?

If they wait to announce it means you don't have the problem of either people showing up and expecting it to be there and open (Disney is getting that for Star Wars now), or people postpone their visit until after the ride opens. Either way the park is screwed. Better to wait until they are much closer to the opening. Also, it's always better to actually have concept art that matches what they are building rather than putting out a concept then budget cuts change those plans.

If they wait to announce it means you don't have the problem of either people showing up and expecting it to be there and open (Disney is getting that for Star Wars now), or people postpone their visit until after the ride opens. Either way the park is screwed. Better to wait until they are much closer to the opening. Also, it's always better to actually have concept art that matches what they are building rather than putting out a concept then budget cuts change those plans.
This is actually an interesting point I've never thought of before

Honestly, I'd much rather see them do a quick live video and issue a press release announcing a 4th gate coming, even if it doesn't include any details, name, or date. All they would need is the confirmation that they're building a new theme park and it would suck all the air out of any Toy Story Land news.

Hey, you hear about Toy Story Land opening? Who cares, Universal is building a new park that's gonna be bigger than Islands of Adventure with new state-of-the-art rides! Wow, that's so cool.

Got to watch them install another track piece from the Hogwarts Express queue about an hour ago.
43075840271_424b9a614c_b.jpg
42356848894_2e931f7dc8_b.jpg

Honestly, I'd much rather see them do a quick live video and issue a press release announcing a 4th gate coming, even if it doesn't include any details, name, or date. All they would need is the confirmation that they're building a new theme park and it would suck all the air out of any Toy Story Land news.

Hey, you hear about Toy Story Land opening? Who cares, Universal is building a new park that's gonna be bigger than Islands of Adventure with new state-of-the-art rides! Wow, that's so cool.

Hell, they wouldn't even have to announce the 4th gate. Just announce the new resort and you'll be fine.

I guess Slink put on a few lbs since the last film.
Just watched the POV today and realized this. Maybe because they built the attraction to fit disney sized parents? Compared to gringotts or mummy sized universal parents? Seems disney always keeps that in mind.

Edit: Meaning heavier trains

Last edited:
We’re close to announcement day, right? Wasn’t the coaster rumored to be announced the day DHS opens TSL?

If so, that’s essentially tomorrow.

Universal are making announcements about HHN just now. They’ll spread announcements about to keep social media active.

They always have this ace up their sleeves in case they need it.

I doubt TSL is that big of a deal and would expect them to use it when SWL opens

Yea, agreed. That’s just what I’d like to see happen this weekend.

And while we’re not that excited for Toy Story Land, there’s no denying that Disney is pushing it hard, and nationally even.

Just saw this at Publix tonight.

View attachment 7097
I feel like ToyStory Land at DHS got more marketing than Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom which is sorta upsetting and unfortunate because Pandora is AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.