Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 373 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think anyone who's experienced this first hand knows you don't need wait times to know this is a failure. I think for those though who aren't able to visit for every new ride I can understand it might be hard to get a real feel for how bad/good an attraction really is. Is it just theme park fans being overly critical or does the general public also see it the same way.

Also here's an anecdotal story. My second time on this it broke down (first time also) right at the load platform. We waited a while for them to reset and then they sent us through the whole ride with everything only functioning for a few seconds before it advanced to the next section. In other words everyone in the car kind of got a taste of what the ride is but it was obvious we were getting an extremely abbreviated version. Since it wasn't the ride as normal most guests felt more comfortable talking aloud. The general overwhelming feeling I gathered from all the comments was along the lines of "This is really it, this is the ride?!". All of that was mixed with some laughter and disappointment. At the unload platform they offered a re-ride and probably about 90% of the guests just decided to leave.

I think anyone who's experienced this first hand knows you don't need wait times to know this is a failure. I think for those though who aren't able to visit for every new ride I can understand it might be hard to get a real feel for how bad/good an attraction really is. Is it just theme park fans being overly critical or does the general public also see it the same way.

Also here's an anecdotal story. My second time on this it broke down (first time also) right at the load platform. We waited a while for them to reset and then they sent us through the whole ride with everything only functioning for a few seconds before it advanced to the next section. In other words everyone in the car kind of got a taste of what the ride is but it was obvious we were getting an extremely abbreviated version. Since it wasn't the ride as normal most guests felt more comfortable talking aloud. The general overwhelming feeling I gathered from all the comments was along the lines of "This is really it, this is the ride?!". All of that was mixed with some laughter and disappointment. At the unload platform they offered a re-ride and probably about 90% of the guests just decided to leave.

For some reason, I always think of this

At that point you'd be like Homer. "I waited in line an hour for this thing and I'm riding it! Now hop in!"

I think.....
waiting for one hour and then riding this ride could actually make someone cry lol.
and then they angrily would walk to guest services and ask for a refund.

that kind of "vacation memory" would stay with you for life.... 2o years from now you could still remember that awful time that you rode this ride after waiting an hour

Last edited:
What does this mean or imply?

The second bus runs without first bus, but still in second position, when first bus is offline. That's all.

They don't reassign second bus to first bus's spot when first bus goes offline. So, like loading only the back half of a ride vehicle when first half is down essentially.

Reactions: jtsalien
Lord help me if he ever finds this post...

BUT, I have a friend who is a walking stereotype of what you'd expect most of the rides at Universal to cater to. He is not a die-hard theme park fan like us, but his favorite forms of entertainment tend to be what I consider pretty crap movies. Rampage, Transformers, Godzilla, King Kong (I love King Kong, but the rest are poo-poo) are some of his favorites. Basically anything that has a big animal or robot breaking stuff.

That said, we are going to Universal for HHN in October and he insists on buying a day pass to USF just so he can do E.T. He has gone 2 of the last 3 years, so he is familiar with the parks. I tried to remind him that literally every other ride he is interested in will be open during HHN and a day pass is probably a waste of money. Nope. Perfectly content with dropping $100+ just so he can do E.T. again. (As much as I wish I could justify the price for one ride, I'll be at the pool that afternoon instead.)

So say what you will about E.T., my friend is part of the cliched demographic for Transformers and F&F, but see's it as missing out if he doesn't get to ride E.T. Adventure again.

My mate who got back from Orlando last week, his two favourite rides by a mile were Popeyes and Fallon. Harry Potter? Didn’t care for it. Spider-Man? Was ok.

I think Popeye was number two or three on Touring Plans guest surveys. And reportedly Fallon gets high UF GSAT's .
As I have said before, it's pretty obvious why these have high GSAT's too. They are just pure fun from start to finish, also not having long queues helps a lot too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
rides run more vehicles when busy when not busy they drop ride vehicles

Disney does this, and it was one of the main goals of the MDE initiative. I'm not sure Uni does.

I've seen them fill every other train on HRRR as soon as it opens, but they certainly don't staff differently according to expected crowd levels. Disney does do that, and that is one of the main reasons that FP+ exists.

Reactions: GadgetGuru