Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ant-Man & The Wasp

It's amazing how a post-credits scene can leave us with more to talk about and theorize than the movie does. It was a really powerful scene and imo, one of Marvel's best post credit scene's they've done.

I really enjoyed the movie, was just as fun if not more than the original, however the movie severely lacked a villain. Unless we're considering Goggins as the villain, but uhh, yeah, I never bought that. He seemed like he was there as a distraction almost more than anything.

I wouldn't say that this film has a "villain" as much as it just has people that kind of get in the way. Which I was fine with. It was nice having a Marvel film that had a relatively simple end goal (especially following IW) which was just to save Momma Van Dyne. But yeah that mid-credits scene was awesome and got a HUGE reaction out of my theater. I even enjoyed the end-credits scene having the juxtaposition of the ant playing drums and the silence of the world outside/the emergency broadcast signal on the TV. Kind of chilling to think about.

Those after credits scenes....wow. Even though it was meant as like a gag scene, the last scene with the ant has me thinking more. The silence outside along with the emergency broadcast signal.....chills. This is really a catastrophic event and this really hits it home

Fun movie though!

Even before the credits, I liked it a lot. Felt like a throwback to the action-comedies of the 80s, like Ghostbusters or Back to the Future. I think it's telling that every cool special effects scene was spoiled in the trailer (even from the post-credits), but I still enjoyed the movie, based on the comedy and the character moments.

Even before the credits, I liked it a lot. Felt like a throwback to the action-comedies of the 80s, like Ghostbusters or Back to the Future. I think it's telling that every cool special effects scene was spoiled in the trailer (even from the post-credits), but I still enjoyed the movie, based on the comedy and the character moments.
Oh totally. Was a great movie in its own right and Wasp was kickass.

Saw it last night. Hard to say whether or not I prefer it over the first since the action scenes were better in this one, but some of the jokes just didn't seem to land this time. It was refreshing to have a MCU movie with no real evil villain, just some criminals or people acting out of desperation.

And yeah, I think many people in my theatre were expecting that mid-credits scene, but that still didn't stop them from gasping loudly.