Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this ride is everything I expect it to be (theming, coaster, tech etc) then to have this ready by next May considering Dragon Challenge closed in September is extremely impressive.

I love Universal's aggressive building strategy!

To keep expectations in check here, a majority of the theming will be trees and not rockwork or buildings.
That’s right in my expectations. I said they were shooting for a similar level as Big Thunder, not exactly copying it. The show scenes described are proof enough of that.

IOA has a very nice coaster collection now. Many people afraid of coasters ca

I think the final launch will be at around 40-45mph. However, the close proximity of trees and theming elements such as rockwork will make it seem like you are going a lot faster.

The first time I rode FJ I could not believe how close I got to the scenes/animations when riding. I wonder if this coaster will feel the same way. For me at least, I have not been on any coaster that goes that fast so close to trees and other theming.

As long as possible before swge, or slightly before?

As long as possible before. They're projecting late fall for SWGE, even though the internet community thinks they'll be lucky to have it open by Christmas. But they want to dominate as much of the Summer and early fall as they can. Lot of ground to make up and lots banking on this being a huge hit.

If they want to compete with what Disney is about to open, they better be on their AAA game. Don't market it as the "most thematic" coaster ever..or whatever and then under deliver. I'm expecting rocks, trees, waterfalls, AA's, the whole 9 yards. go big or go home.

That’s the kind of thing that would’ve been amazing under Dragon Challenge.

There's another coaster in Phantasialand, Black Mamba, which is very similar to DC.

Phantasialand, as a whole, is one of the best theme parks in the world from what I've seen. The coasters are great (they're also getting the first launched flying coaster next year, named F.L.Y), the theming is outstanding, and is just amazing. Plus, everything is super compact and close to each other (the park is smaller than USF).

Watch that if you're interested :)

Phantasialand, as a whole, is one of the best theme parks in the world from what I've seen. The coasters are great (they're also getting the first launched flying coaster next year, named F.L.Y), the theming is outstanding, and is just amazing. Plus, everything is super compact and close to each other (the park is smaller than USF).
Phantasialand has the issue of having very strict height and sound limits, which they use to their advantage. Not being able to build rides very tall allows them to improve the rides by doing very heavy theming, which would be much harder with bigger rides.

Phantasialand has the issue of having very strict height and sound limits, which they use to their advantage. Not being able to build rides very tall allows them to improve the rides by doing very heavy theming, which would be much harder with bigger rides.

Doesn't Alton Towers have the same limits? AT is great, but it's nowhere near the level that Phantasialand is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.