Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Saw the show last night and enjoyed it (as did the crowd. It was packed). There's a lot motor going on the sides than seen in the video. My only complaints are that the F&F segmnenent was sooo disjointed, and there should have been fireworks earlier to let people know its more than fountains. I liked how they used the multiple screens - sometimes as one long screen, sometimes split.

Not sure if I understand the negative response to this show. It may be a whole different experience to judge a new ride or new show in theme parks when you live in Orlando. It seems to me like its a habit to compare it to Disney. In my eyes, the parks bring very different experiences and should not be compared. Plus, Disney has way more years of being opened and more money. From somebody who only gets to visit the parks every two or three years, I think this show is a huge step forward. Those fountains are amazing, and they are permanent.

There is a multitude of disappointment for the lack of classics used in the show. I am a huge fan of back to the future and Jaws, yet I am glad they are not in this show. It is the first time Universal invests so much in a nighttime show. In my opinion, these permanent technical fixtures will allow Universal to improve on future shows. If I am not mistaken, Universal will be celebrating 30 years in less than 2 years now and I could see them making a new show using this new tech. I would want to see the classics done right and not in a show that was made to fill in the time of no new attractions. I would rather see it for the first time in a show dedicated to the anniversary. I am happy Universal invested their time and money into this current show to pave the way for something great in the future, and in the meantime I will enjoy the fun, and simplicity of this show. Besides, it is a fantastic show for someone who lives in central Texas and any other non theme park city, who visits Orlando.

I think the show needs to add a singer to the intro/finale segments. The sound is great but just feels a bit 'off' without having some voice. I also think the transitions are rough and should be smoothened a bit,

I think the show needs to add a singer to the intro/finale segments. The sound is great but just feels a bit 'off' without having some voice. I also think the transitions are rough and should be smoothened a bit,
take. me. to. DISNEYLAND!!!! I want I crave DISNEYLAND!!!!

DISNEYLAND, my anti-drug DISNEYLAND!!!

Reactions: UNIrd
I disagree on the vocal bit, Universal’s scores have always excelled at being able to convey emotion without literally spelling it out to you.

Now those transitions...yeah they’re very rough, should definitely be changed.

I was looking through new videos of the show and noticed that the projectors seem to be way out of focus as @SeventyOne was saying. Way way less focused than the first few nights.

On Twitter, somewhat floated a theory that a combination of humidity, wind and hard water hurt the effect in Orlando. Makes as much sense as anything. It's not just UOR, said same thing about DAK.

Reactions: Alicia
On Twitter, somewhat floated a theory that a combination of humidity, wind and hard water hurt the effect in Orlando. Makes as much sense as anything. It's not just UOR, said same thing about DAK.

But Fantasmic never has much issue, all the times I’ve seen it never an issue seeing the image? Is it because it’s a more enclosed space?

Not sure if I understand the negative response to this show. It may be a whole different experience to judge a new ride or new show in theme parks when you live in Orlando. It seems to me like its a habit to compare it to Disney. In my eyes, the parks bring very different experiences and should not be compared. Plus, Disney has way more years of being opened and more money. From somebody who only gets to visit the parks every two or three years, I think this show is a huge step forward. Those fountains are amazing, and they are permanent.

There is a multitude of disappointment for the lack of classics used in the show. I am a huge fan of back to the future and Jaws, yet I am glad they are not in this show. It is the first time Universal invests so much in a nighttime show. In my opinion, these permanent technical fixtures will allow Universal to improve on future shows. If I am not mistaken, Universal will be celebrating 30 years in less than 2 years now and I could see them making a new show using this new tech. I would want to see the classics done right and not in a show that was made to fill in the time of no new attractions. I would rather see it for the first time in a show dedicated to the anniversary. I am happy Universal invested their time and money into this current show to pave the way for something great in the future, and in the meantime I will enjoy the fun, and simplicity of this show. Besides, it is a fantastic show for someone who lives in central Texas and any other non theme park city, who visits Orlando.
Some people just don't like fountain based shows as much as you or I.

Reactions: soilsigh
Out of pure curiosity, do we know a ballpark figure for how much this show cost?

DAK is working with a WAY less advanced fountain system for their projections however... what they have going on is the rough equivalent to what happens when you put your finger in front of a few hoses, turn the water on and then try to project images onto that.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Just thought I'd mention that I saw the show again last night and there's been some changes but the biggest thing was that WE HAVE LASERS now!

giphy.gif

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Out of pure curiosity, do we know a ballpark figure for how much this show cost?

DAK is working with a WAY less advanced fountain system for their projections however... what they have going on is the rough equivalent to what happens when you put your finger in front of a few hoses, turn the water on and then try to project images onto that.

Weren’t we told the GP has no idea the difference of good equipment or not on this very forum?

Maybe this is a situation where cheaper equipment really did impact the show like @Jon Fu , who is in that field, had indicated earlier might be an issue.