Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 282 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from a friend that they decided to scrap the holding brake idea, so I had another look at the track on the spike.

There's definitely no mounting points for brakes on there, so unless they use some other system to hold the train, it looks like there will be no hold.
There is a brake before the switch right? What happens if the switch does not lock in? Yikes! Couple more for fun!!!!

I heard from a friend that they decided to scrap the holding brake idea, so I had another look at the track on the spike.

There's definitely no mounting points for brakes on there, so unless they use some other system to hold the train, it looks like there will be no hold.

If that's the case, that makes me interested if we may be dealing with a Grizzly Mountain then.

giphy.gif

There is a brake before the switch right? What happens if the switch does not lock in? Yikes! Couple more for fun!!!!
It has LSMs (and I assume brakes will be installed) between the switch and the spike. The options they have without stopping on the spike are either stopping directly after the switch track for it to switch, or switch while the train launches. Intamin's track switches have gotten very fast, so if it does stop it shouldn't be for too long.

I would guess there would be something at the top, if even for emergencies, if they're planning on not holding you there... Personally, I've always felt that the gradual slow down as you reach the top would be enough time to switch the track behind you without holding... but just in case there should be a backup plan, no?

I’m gonna hope for a grab on the spike itself. Just because there isn’t anything there right now doesn’t conclude that there won’t be.
The problem is that they have nowhere to put anything to hold the train. If it was going to have brakes on it, the track would have holes on the crossties for it to be attached to.

This is an older pic I took, and you can see that there are 4 holes on each of the ties, where brakes were later installed. It's possible that they're using something new for the hold, but I don't see any way that they could install anything there.

I would guess there would be something at the top, if even for emergencies, if they're planning on not holding you there... Personally, I've always felt that the gradual slow down as you reach the top would be enough time to switch the track behind you without holding... but just in case there should be a backup plan, no?
I assume the backup plan would be stopping the train with the LSMs and brakes when it comes back down.

Reactions: JoeCamel

Yes.

Going to throw this out: What if that last launched section and the backwards portion are both enclosed in the same building?
I'm almost wondering that too, with the Cave, final launch, and Drop Track buildings all connected.

Just a thought, but I hope that's the case.

Very interesting thought.... But I wouldn't get my hopes up :lol:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
There looks to be a channel of metal running up the middle of the track on the spike, which could be for some kind of cable lift. I can't imagine they wouldn't put some kind of hold on it.

This is an older pic I took, and you can see that there are 4 holes on each of the ties, where brakes were later installed. It's possible that they're using something new for the hold, but I don't see any way that they could install anything there.

I assume the backup plan would be stopping the train with the LSMs and brakes when it comes back down.

@gabe3235 is IU’s bioreconstruct for the new HP coaster!

I don't think it matters either way if the trains stop at the top of the spike or not. If they do stop, it allows for a little more action to happen inside the building but if there's no hold, the action will be quicker if it happens at all but it will be more thrilling.

Status
Not open for further replies.