Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The lines are certainly lower than we expected, but this has turned into a really good thing. Besides the manageable TSL waits, it has seemingly lowered waits for other new-ish rides like Frozen Ever After and ive even noticed that 7DMT has been down around 50-70 mins a lot lately, which is down a decent amount from consistent 100+ minute waits.

It's a soft Summer travel season. The 2nd one in a row.

Maybe Disney plan of gouging during peak seasons has discouraged travel during those times.

Just a thought.

Maybe people are waiting for Star Wars?

I’m amazed at the people eating up the Free Disney Dining option for next year in the U.K. and it’s a crap deal. If you book the same deals separate and upgrade to full dining (Not free breakfast that most people are getting) then it’s working out about the same price.

It's a soft Summer travel season. The 2nd one in a row.

Maybe Disney plan of gouging during peak seasons has discouraged travel during those times.

Just a thought.

I think the trend away from one and two-week vacations affects crowds as well, but no question Disney crowds are more price-sensitive than anyone likes to admit. Look at the explosive growth of "Fall Break" (which the Mouse finally seems to have caught onto). Based on anecdotal evidence, a lot of 365 APs dropped down to seasonal once parking was included, as well. As is always the case, I think it's a combination of factors.

I think the trend away from one and two-week vacations affects crowds as well, but no question Disney crowds are more price-sensitive than anyone likes to admit. Look at the explosive growth of "Fall Break" (which the Mouse finally seems to have caught onto). Based on anecdotal evidence, a lot of 365 APs dropped down to seasonal once parking was included, as well. As is always the case, I think it's a combination of factors.
Peak Pricing, Seasonal Pass structure (Particularly Silver Pass Black Out Days), lack of compelling new attractions for 2018, and people waiting for SW:GE.

A bit off subject... but Disney is much more cagey now with Florida AP info. I just looked and you cannot review their FL res annual passes and pricing without signing up for an account first.

A bit off subject... but Disney is much more cagey now with Florida AP info. I just looked and you cannot review their FL res annual passes and pricing without signing up for an account first.
I think that has to do with making sure that out of state guests don’t see the wrong prices before booking a vacation. I think they want to avoid “Well when I looked it said that 4 day hoppers were only x” when the price they saw was for FL residents.

Reactions: Teebin
They lie. I'm sure prep was taking longer than they wanted for the lines or its a cost cutting measure. Just like Volcano Bay's sudden menu changes at opening.

This seems like the logical answer.
It's probably somewhere in the middle. I like a monte cristo, but the one here didn't look incredibly appealing. I'd get the Totcho's every time over the cristo they had. And even for the Totcho's I had a long wait.

So if it's not selling well + takes a long time to prepare, it simply makes no sense to keep it on the menu. Shouldn't be too long before the chicken breast nuggets get added :lol:

Still trying to figure out why the long lines on new low capacity TSL attractions, that most of us predicted, disappeared after opening weekend....Main culprits seems to be lack of cool shaded areas/air conditioning, and lower than normal summer crowds at WDW. But, I was just reading an article on Touring Plans, and an additional possible reason materialized. TP's writer Julie Mascardo had her 8 year old daughter write an article about her initial experience visiting TSL. Slinky scared her and she was afraid to ride it. She was bored with the queue for Alien Saucers and complained there was nothing to see or do while waiting in line. And, finally, she summed up her visit to TSl saying, "There's a lot to see in Toy Story Land even though there's not much to do". I thought those views were interesting coming from an 8 year old, probably the prime age group for the ToyStory IP.

Still trying to figure out why the long lines on new low capacity TSL attractions, that most of us predicted, disappeared after opening weekend....Main culprits seems to be lack of cool shaded areas/air conditioning, and lower than normal summer crowds at WDW. But, I was just reading an article on Touring Plans, and an additional possible reason materialized. TP's writer Julie Mascardo had her 8 year old daughter write an article about her initial experience visiting TSL. Slinky scared her and she was afraid to ride it. She was bored with the queue for Alien Saucers and complained there was nothing to see or do while waiting in line. And, finally, she summed up her visit to TSl saying, "There's a lot to see in Toy Story Land even though there's not much to do". I thought those views were interesting coming from an 8 year old, probably the prime age group for the ToyStory IP.

I think WDW rabid AP/frequent visitor fanbase drove the initial crowds. But unlike FoP, it had nothing to do with the ride itself being good. And everything about doing a new thing and (importantly) being among the first to do it.

Without top quality, the crowds were never going to maintain. TSL is exactly what it was designed to be.... Fine.