Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 182 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still can't believe they haven't started on the expansion plot yet, especially since they are still reaching capacity. I remember reading an article shortly after VB opened and some high level exec made a comment about the expansion happening sooner rather than later... It seems like Universal is just in a holding pattern with all their new projects. Shoot, they have to be aware of all the aerial pictures being posted by Bio (which are incredible), so why not just announce some things (looking at you Harry Potter coaster)? Unless they are going the D23 route and just going to drop some bombs all at once?

Reactions: Andysol
I still can't believe they haven't started on the expansion plot yet, especially since they are still reaching capacity. I remember reading an article shortly after VB opened and some high level exec made a comment about the expansion happening sooner rather than later... It seems like Universal is just in a holding pattern with all their new projects. Shoot, they have to be aware of all the aerial pictures being posted by Bio (which are incredible), so why not just announce some things (looking at you Harry Potter coaster)? Unless they are going the D23 route and just going to drop some bombs all at once?

They announced the Harry Potter coaster last August.

They announced the Harry Potter coaster last August.

Totally missed my point. Yes they announced that a coaster was coming but gave very few details. My point was with all these aerials coming out we know things are happening before they are announced so why not just come out and tell us? With regards to the Harry Potter coaster, pretty much the entire coaster track has been installed and there are multiple websites already talking about what we will encounter yet silence from Universal...With regards to VB, that expansion plot has been sitting there since the park opened yet very little has happened and we can see that from the air...

Totally missed my point. Yes they announced that a coaster was coming but gave very few details. My point was with all these aerials coming out we know things are happening before they are announced so why not just come out and tell us? With regards to the Harry Potter coaster, pretty much the entire coaster track has been installed and there are multiple websites already talking about what we will encounter yet silence from Universal...With regards to VB, that expansion plot has been sitting there since the park opened yet very little has happened and we can see that from the air...

Because the people seeing/paying attention to aerials don't need to be marketed to? They're going to show up either way more than likely? They're also a vast minority compared to the yearly attendance. Theme parks don't make announcements for the fans. They make announcements to drive regular people to visit. Universal doesn't give out details about their rides until 6-8 months before they open. That's what they think works best.

You don't have to like it, but you shouldn't be surprised about it at this point.

Looks like nothing has changed since his last update. Makes me think that we shouldn’t expect anything any time soon, though I could be wrong.
While I agree we shouldn’t expect anything, let’s also remember how quickly Disney built/opened Miss Adventure Falls. These things can go up quickly.

I agree with you both, but I did think there would be a little site work going on if anything was imminent. We’ll just have to wait and see.

There could be a little groundwork being done and they're just waiting to start.

It would make sense to start in November when the temperatures drop and the park starts to quieten down. Have the new ride complete before May when the busy season starts again.

hallelujer-praise-the-lort.jpg

Just FYI: the park hit Phase 2 closing before 11:00 AM yesterday (Saturday).

Not sure what Phase 2 entails, but I think during Phase 1 they close the south parking garage.

Reactions: Mad Dog