What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Falcon's Fury closed around mid week last week with no real reason given, could see that the maintenance door was open and they were working on it... Now it's listed as 'Closed until further notice' on the website. They've put an annual maintenance sign in front of the ride. I wonder what's wrong with it :/
If I am not mistaken, it was down earlier this year, as they were awaiting delivery of a replacement part.

It was down when I visited 2 weeks ago and the staff said it had been down for ages.

Such is the nature of waiting for Intamin replacement parts :p

I know one of the reasons they had to delay the opening as because the cable was wrong and a new one had to be made, makes me wonder if there might be something wrong with it again.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Could be, recently they had the cap open and we're replacing something on the inside, however on my trip there the 20th all equipment was moved away from it, and it looks like tests may begin again soon. They raised & lowered the vehicle a few times

Could be, recently they had the cap open and we're replacing something on the inside, however on my trip there the 20th all equipment was moved away from it, and it looks like tests may begin again soon. They raised & lowered the vehicle a few times
It was in the same state when I went on the 7th. Maintenance hatch at the top was open and the vehicle went up and down the tower multiple times throughout the day.

According to screamscape, one of the motors broke and needs to be replaced, apparently got damaged when they had that electrical failure in the park.

It seems it's only a speculation on their end that's what happened - At this point really the only ones who know are the park themselves. I have a friend who lives near the park that confirmed they were raising & lowering it again today, so it may be back in action before long

I'll be visiting end of the month so it'll be such a shame if falcons fury is closed.
Screamscape is reporting that cargo has arrived at the ride so I'm remaining hopeful.

Falcon's Fury has been fairly reliable over the past few years, it has just had a couple of bigger issues this year that are being resolved.

Spare parts that you don't expect to have to replace and therefore don't pre-order take time to be manufactured and arrive.