Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

As cheap as possible, I'd take free :grin:
I've stayed in cheap hotels, there's definitely a point where it's too cheap. In fact I booked a cheap hotel once and while waiting in line to check in decided it wasn't worth it. I was lucky to get out of cancellation fees, but would've paid them to not stay there. Ever since then I made a personal rule that I never book anything less than around $75 - $100 in advance. I'm not opposed to a good deal, but at that point I need to see it in person first.

I've stayed in cheap hotels, there's definitely a point where it's too cheap. In fact I booked a cheap hotel once and while waiting in line to check in decided it wasn't worth it. I was lucky to get out of cancellation fees, but would've paid them to not stay there. Ever since then I made a personal rule that I never book anything less than around $75 - $100 in advance. I'm not opposed to a good deal, but at that point I need to see it in person first.
And, we circle back around to staying on site at Universal/Disney

I think the biggest advantage of staying on-site at Universal/Disney is not having to worry about transportation inside the resort. Surprised SeaWorld has not tried to partner up with a hotel company to add a hotel with retail/entertainment offerings right next to the park entrance.

I think the biggest advantage of staying on-site at Universal/Disney is not having to worry about transportation inside the resort. Surprised SeaWorld has not tried to partner up with a hotel company to add a hotel with retail/entertainment offerings right next to the park entrance.
I believe they partnered with whatever hotel is closest to their property...I would honestly love Sea World to get its own hotel

And, we circle back around to staying on site at Universal/Disney
I think there are advantages to both onsite and offsite for both resorts. It really comes down to what suits the individual needs of the guests the best.

SeaWorld's chance at being in the vacation destination tourism business that Universal and Disney are competing for has passed. For a while the formula was a Disney vacation plus something else. SeaWorld did great at competing in that space. It seems to me much of the WDW+ vacations have been converted to Disney and Universal vacations. With another park on the way it will only solidify that. I think they have rightfully started shifting to competing as a local/regional park. They have a great advantage in that area as they will still get some spillover business from the big resorts, but it doesn't seem to be the core of the business. So for that reason I don't think it would be smart for them to focus any real energy towards hotels, shopping, dining, etc or any of the usual things like Disney and Universal pursue to keep guests in the resort. They've done a great job with their AP program giving locals a sense of value and keeping them coming back.

I think there are advantages to both onsite and offsite for both resorts. It really comes down to what suits the individual needs of the guests the best.

SeaWorld's chance at being in the vacation destination tourism business that Universal and Disney are competing for has passed. For a while the formula was a Disney vacation plus something else. SeaWorld did great at competing in that space. It seems to me much of the WDW+ vacations have been converted to Disney and Universal vacations. With another park on the way it will only solidify that. I think they have rightfully started shifting to competing as a local/regional park. They have a great advantage in that area as they will still get some spillover business from the big resorts, but it doesn't seem to be the core of the business. So for that reason I don't think it would be smart for them to focus any real energy towards hotels, shopping, dining, etc or any of the usual things like Disney and Universal pursue to keep guests in the resort. They've done a great job with their AP program giving locals a sense of value and keeping them coming back.
Exactly, the original argument was that folks were traveling outside of their Universal/Disney vacations to visit Sea World...I feel that those days are passed as Universal and Disney has become extremely competitive in offering you a reason to stay

Man, I’m looking at an overhead shot of the park right now, and it appears like they have no room left to expand in the park. All of the expansion plots have been taken over by Antarctica, Mako, Sesame Street, and Infinity Falls.

Although, they could always use some of the parking lot near Sesame Street, or the backstage area near the entrance. But there’s no room for a coaster unless you do that, especially not for one that goes over the water. So Wave Breaker is not happening.

Man, I’m looking at an overhead shot of the park right now, and it appears like they have no room left to expand in the park. All of the expansion plots have been taken over by Antarctica, Mako, Sesame Street, and Infinity Falls.

Although, they could always use some of the parking lot near Sesame Street, or the backstage area near the entrance. But there’s no room for a coaster unless you do that, especially not for one that goes over the water. So Wave Breaker is not happening.
Shamu Stadium takes up a large plot haha

Seriously though, someone posted an overlay of a coaster by Dolphin Days...I feel there is still ways to move things around a bit

Plus the big lake

Shamu Stadium takes up a large plot haha

Seriously though, someone posted an overlay of a coaster by Dolphin Days...I feel there is still ways to move things around a bit

Plus the big lake

Well, the lake is mostly covered. There’s no place to fit a coaster without altering a show or the scenery.

Wild Arctic needs to go. Even if they keep the animal habitats. The ride needs replacing bad.

I do think that they keep the ride system, but they update it. Add new scenes and stuff. But, if they do replace it, it’ll probably be enough room for a small coaster. Not a huge one, though.

100%. I don't even think keeping the ride system is feasible either. That ride needs a lot of love to get it to a decent standard again. Incorporating the animal exhibits into some sort of new ride would be far better.
Agreed. I rode once and the seats and some doors were literally being held together with duct tape. It’s not in the best shape.