Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pass Renewal Rates/Questions

Dec 13, 2009
Florida
With all the new stuff that is opening soon at Disney, I am looking to get a pass to the four parks

What do you all suggest to get/have?

What are the renewal rates for the next year? Any expereince?

Feel free to give some other advice and tips you have

I would not be paying monthly - All up front

Funny you should bring this up because the wife and I are planning a trip in September next year. We are looking at buying annual passes to save on ticket costs and for the discounts. Would it be worth it to go this route? We will be staying 11 days and 10 nights.

Edit: obviously I’m in a different league because I am not “local” being 1500 miles away

Funny you should bring this up because the wife and I are planning a trip in September next year. We are looking at buying annual passes to save on ticket costs and for the discounts. Would it be worth it to go this route? We will be staying 11 days and 10 nights.

Edit: obviously I’m in a different league because I am not “local” being 1500 miles away
I feel like a 3 hr flight is almost local anymore as far as they price passes. Disney doesn't let people buy the limites passes out of state but on the flipside universal punishes everyone if they want the pass with free parking. Flight and hotel cost in the offseason is going to make or break any season pass rates in general though.

Never have had a mouse AP. Not planning to. But as a Uni AP holder rates and renewal rates are easily accessible on their site. Is this not true of the mouse ??

Links there. Or search wdw annual pass renewal. Top choice has a number to call. Of course there are the dis boards of you are becoming a mouseketeer:celebrate:

Last edited:
Mine (it’s the gold annual pass) doesn’t come up till next May, but it says %15 right now off to renew, but i guess the percentage will go up the longer i wait within the 30 days after expiration date (probably not by that much).

What is your renewal rate currently? How do you work around the blockout dates

I'm not really sure. I believe it was like $30 less when I renewed it. Maybe like a 15-20 percent off. Either way, I find value in having an annual pass. You go 3 times and it pays for itself. Plus, parking is included with the cheapest pass (unlike Universal).

my guess is that the current forms of express will be phased out.To be changed to the ap where Disney can block out parks as well as days.

my guess is that the current forms of express will be phased out.To be changed to the ap where Disney can block out parks as well as days.

They’v Started it a bit with the new AP that’s the same price as Silver AP (mostly liking going replace it) with parks/days black outs, but it seems like Gold and up won’t be really touched, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they Started do that once GE opens late next year for Gold to second highest AP before the top one.