Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attractions is suggesting that everyone in the world is wrong on the direction and we'll actually be starting off by riding an elevator up instead of ending with the drop track :crazy::eek:O:
Photo Update: Universal's Harry Potter roller coaster construction reveals new details
If that were the case, then we wouldnt have drop track, it would be a "Elevator ride up". I doubt they went through the lengths of that whole buidling to have it be an elevator ride up. I do not believe this direction theory.

My best guess in regards to the maintenance bay track direction is that the coaster will move ahead of the switch track, stop and then the tires can reverse it into the bay.

So, does Universal have a solution for rides that otherwise wouldn’t allow his height? FJ at 48” comes to mind. A tough call for such a crucial celebrity.

Unlike Disney, Universal follows any and all manufacturer specs as gospel. Disney will take a ride, say thank you very much, and develop their own standards and operational procedures. But Universal leaves any and all liability with the vendor. So operational procedures, maintenance plans, safety guidelines, etc all come from the 3rd party documentation.

Unlike Disney, Universal follows any and all manufacturer specs as gospel. Disney will take a ride, say thank you very much, and develop their own standards and operational procedures. But Universal leaves any and all liability with the vendor. So operational procedures, maintenance plans, safety guidelines, etc all come from the 3rd party documentation.
Similar to how Disney decided to add a booster seat option to Mission: Space Green Team after last Summer's refurb. That technically could be done to accommodate someone like Warwick Davis on FJ, but Universal doesn't break the pre-set protocol as you said.

So, does Universal have a solution for rides that otherwise wouldn’t allow his height? FJ at 48” comes to mind. A tough call for such a crucial celebrity.

Height requirements are set by the manufacturer with discretion of the parks to raise it. He will likely get a VIP tour and maybe a behind the scenes one to show him the scenes.

Similar to how Disney decided to add a booster seat option to Mission: Space Green Team after last Summer's refurb. That technically could be done to accommodate someone like Warwick Davis on FJ, but Universal doesn't break the pre-set protocol as you said.

It’s not just about height but average body size based on that height. This is especially true with OTSRs.

It’s not just about height but average body size based on that height. This is especially true with OTSRs.
Oh I know it's not just about height, I was just giving an example of something that is semi-plausible that could be done if they did indeed want to specially accommodate a celebrity guest.

Not sure if anyone posted Yukon Quad, one of Intamins newer family launch coasters that opened in April. It looks like a nice preview of what we may see here (but this would be 100x even more themed) They still have the same style seating as the older family launch coasters. Do you think they'll stick with those half seats with lap/leg restraints? I know there has been some debate with the angle of that spike being taken into account

Not sure if anyone posted Yukon Quad, one of Intamins newer family launch coasters that opened in April. It looks like a nice preview of what we may see here (but this would be 100x even more themed) They still have the same style seating as the older family launch coasters. Do you think they'll stick with those half seats with lap/leg restraints? I know there has been some debate with the angle of that spike being taken into account

I doubt it'll have those trains because of the spike and drop track. They would also have to change the entire underside of the train to accommodate the LSMs which, as far as I know, isn't offered as a launch system on that model.

I doubt it'll have those trains because of the spike and drop track. They would also have to change the entire underside of the train to accommodate the LSMs which, as far as I know, isn't offered as a launch system on that model.

That video had an odd choice in music for an offroad adventure on a coaster. Plus, the awkward cuts at the end were just weird.

I think this is likely what to expect for this ride. It’s a lap bar and not the weird motorbike restraints.

Status
Not open for further replies.