Stranger Things | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Stranger Things

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some people are going to love season 2....some people will strongly hate it. Its not like season 1 and kids definitely went from charming to how do i put it...overbearingly early teen.

I may have to avoid this thread for a while. I'm not a binge-watcher and like having anticipation between each episode. Therefore, the plan is to watch one episode a week (which will hopefully help with the next 1+ year wait for Season 3).

Done. I only partially enjoyed season 1, and found season 2 marginally more enjoyable despite its issues. A lot of my problems the first season had become a bit more clear now that the nostalgic veneer has worn a bit, but they fixed a couple of things that I hated. Namely, Steve.

That said, this season was bloated as hell.

Done. I only partially enjoyed season 1, and found season 2 marginally more enjoyable despite its issues. A lot of my problems the first season had become a bit more clear now that the nostalgic veneer has worn a bit, but they fixed a couple of things that I hated. Namely, Steve.

That said, this season was bloated as hell.

There were a lot of unnecessary storylines this season (Ep 7 really) and though they fix some characters they ruined others for most the season.

There were a lot of unnecessary storylines this season (Ep 7 really) and though they fix some characters they ruined others for most the season.
Oh my god, episode 7 was so unnecessary. And really, Dustin was the only character I actually liked last season (not counting Eleven because duh). This season I actually liked Dustin, Steve, Max, and Nancy and Lucus got slight enjoyment bumps. There’s just so many logic gaps across the entire series.

Oh my god, episode 7 was so unnecessary. And really, Dustin was the only character I actually liked last season (not counting Eleven because duh). This season I actually liked Dustin, Steve, Max, and Nancy and Lucus got slight enjoyment bumps. There’s just so many logic gaps across the entire series.

Dustin's dialogue became a little too tryhard for humour this season which took away from the heart of his character. I definitely agree with Steve, Lucas, and Nancy being a lot more enjoyable this season than last season with the best performance in the series coming from Will but the others seem to have a harder time performance wise this season and it is evident in certain scenes.

We have two episodes left and we love it so far. Some in our watching group have even gone so far as to say "better than season 1". I don't agree with that statement.

It reminds me of the GotG vs GotG Vol. 2 debate about which is better, all a matter of personal preference.

I haven't finished yet, but season 2 is a marked, marked improvement on Season 1. Stronger thematic throughlines, deeper emotional payoffs, and these kids continue to impress with their acting.

Reactions: Joel
I doin't think they were fake. I think they just changed their minds about what to title the episodes. That teaser was released a year before season 2 actually aired so it's not surprising that things changed.

DvzNViOXQAAPR8-.jpg:large