Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

i dont get it. what would have happened if they made a resident evil atraction?
better received?

Universal already has a HHN maze five years ago.....in Orlando though.

As a normal attraction itself though, it's not gonna be as popular as other rides like
ROTM and Jurassic Park, which are reserved for blockbuster movies.

I gotta agree, the tunnel is actually really effective as a claustrophobic entry point. It's intimidating through appearance alone. Age that sucker up a bit, and you're golden...

Universal already had a HHN maze five years ago.....in Orlando though.
As a normal attraction itself though, it's not gonna be as popular as other rides which are reserved for blockbuster movies.
Trust me, I'm well aware of the Resident Evil maze in Orlando. I was there. It was terrible & poor quality. Unlike what Universal Japan presented (sadly no video of their maze, but their scarezone is on youtube). And their permanent attraction was a two level laser tag experience.

And that is such a terrible way of thinking that everything has to be a blockbuster movie in order to be an attraction in the park. Fast & Furious was a blockbuster, look at the attraction Hollywood/Orlando got stuck with. And don't undermine a videogame's popularity when its basically got its own franchise, I mean you're going to say Resident Evil wouldn't be a popular attraction due to being a videogame (despite having multiple films & games), yet we're getting an entire land based on Nintendo (which is NOT a blockbuster movie).

View attachment 7236 Building to the right is gone!
Holy hell that makes the helicopter look more badass defying gravity... damn. My pass is blacked out today otherwise I'd run up there & get a pic of the awesomeness haha

View attachment 7236 Building to the right is gone!
tumblr_najfdj0S2J1rmizdso1_250.gif

In all seriousness, wow I am shocked about that staying as of now. Makes me wonder what steel they put onto the UBlvd buildings to hang onto it without having that portion collapse. ;)

Its just light-weight fiberglass.. I hope you guys didn't actually believe it was a legit helicopter :lol: This is Hollywood, everything is fake & made of plastic :violin:

Hopefully its still there tomorrow morning so I can go up there & get a proper pic lol

Its just light-weight fiberglass.. I hope you guys didn't actually believe it was a legit helicopter :lol: This is Hollywood, everything is fake & made of plastic :violin:

Don't ever again disrespect the helicopter "Photo-op" like that ever again. It has feelings!!!

It always bothered me how cartoonish the rotors were:lol:

Trust me, I'm well aware of the Resident Evil maze in Orlando. I was there. It was terrible & poor quality. Unlike what Universal Japan presented (sadly no video of their maze, but their scarezone is on youtube). And their permanent attraction was a two level laser tag experience.

And that is such a terrible way of thinking that everything has to be a blockbuster movie in order to be an attraction in the park. Fast & Furious was a blockbuster, look at the attraction Hollywood/Orlando got stuck with. And don't undermine a videogame's popularity when its basically got its own franchise, I mean you're going to say Resident Evil wouldn't be a popular attraction due to being a videogame (despite having multiple films & games), yet we're getting an entire land based on Nintendo (which is NOT a blockbuster movie).

Holy hell that makes the helicopter look more badass defying gravity... damn. My pass is blacked out today otherwise I'd run up there & get a pic of the awesomeness haha

Resident Evil isn't really for everyone despite being a pop culture of survival horror, it's a Rated M game due to gruesome blood, disturbing images, monsters, and shooting zombies, and I doubt everyone including whole families and people in general love that nor watch the RE movies, even though they suck and are not part of the RE canon timeline series. Meanwhile, the Mario franchise changed the face of the video gaming industry as we know it, it's accessible for the entire families, lots of world to explore, fun environment and settings, and it's simple and fun to play for everyone, sorta like how Disney have their own universes for everyone to enjoy. Fast and Furious franchise is not in the same level as Resident Evil, they're action adventure PG-13 movie that can be seen as accessible for everyone to enjoy. Basically, Resident Evil is only suitable for a HHN maze due its gory and survival horror theme no different than Halloween and The Thing.

Resident Evil isn't really for everyone despite being a pop culture of survival horror nor watch the movies. Meanwhile, the Mario franchise changed the face of the video gaming industry as we know it, it's accessible for the entire families. Fast and Furious franchise is action adventure PG-13 movie that can be seen as accessible for everyone to enjoy. Basically, Resident Evil is only suitable for a HHN maze due its gory and survival horror theme
First of all, NOT everything in a theme park needs to be accessible to families or everyone, if that was the case... we wouldn't have thrill rides period. The parks would be boring as hell. Even Disney knows this.

Believing that only certain things are suitable only for certain things is how we end up limiting experiences & options. Your way of thinking is severely flawed & dull. Theme parks need horror based attractions as much as they need thrill rides and family rides. You can't cater to everyone if you limit what you deem "suitable". And again, Japan had no issue with Resident Evil being an attraction in their park, but then again they understand variety.

And despite the quality of the films being hit or miss (them not being canon with the games was not an issue, they were their own timeline), they made a ton of money, so clearly a lot of people saw them. And RE is too gory, but yet... here we are... in a thread about an attraction that is filled with zombies... go figure

First of all, NOT everything in a theme park needs to be accessible to families or everyone, if that was the case... we wouldn't have thrill rides period. The parks would be boring as hell. Even Disney knows this.

Believing that only certain things are suitable only for certain things is how we end up limiting experiences & options. Your way of thinking is severely flawed & dull. Theme parks need horror based attractions as much as they need thrill rides and family rides. You can't cater to everyone if you limit what you deem "suitable". And again, Japan had no issue with Resident Evil being an attraction in their park, but then again they understand variety.

And despite the quality of the films being hit or miss (them not being canon with the games was not an issue, they were their own timeline), they made a ton of money, so clearly a lot of people saw them. And RE is too gory, but yet... here we are... in a thread about an attraction that is filled with zombies... go figure

is resident evil really that relevant anymore? I could see it being relevant when the movies were coming out or the older games, (like in the gamecube and stuff) but now it doesn't seem as much

I know RE2 is getting a remake but even that game doesnt seem to have as much hype (outsides of RE fans)

is resident evil really that relevant anymore?
Does everything have to be relevant and/or currently popular? I mean really... Disney will build a new ride based on a 20-40+ year old movie, but people give it a pass & say "yea but its classic". :rolleyes: Resident Evil has brand recognition. But the point is, as long as the ride/attraction is really great, who cares if the property is based on isn't the "in thing". Capitalizing on whats current is not always the best idea (TWD, Fast & Furious) especially when the experience is "meh".

Does everything have to be relevant and/or currently popular? I mean really... Disney will build a new ride based on a 20-40+ year old movie, but people give it a pass & say "yea but its classic". :rolleyes: Resident Evil has brand recognition. But the point is, as long as the ride/attraction is really great, who cares if the property is based on isn't the "in thing". Capitalizing on whats current is not always the best idea (TWD, Fast & Furious) especially when the experience is "meh".

so you are saying Resident Evil would have brought more people than Walking dead?

Its very possible, but the only reason we didn't get it was due to TWD being A LOT cheaper to do (sadly the cheapness fell into execution as well lol ....sigh)

In other news, I'm going to stop by the park in the morning during the ungodly early entry hour before I head off to work.... pics will be posted later.