Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now...let me make this clear...

This is by no means accurate or confirmed!

I have no actual information on this plan!!

This is just my suggested guess and idea...

It's a good guess and smart utilization of the landlocked Upper Lot. The caveats include the loss of the Baker Street bathrooms, the Parisian Courtyard (both as a year-round seating area & Horror Nights maze location), and reduced access to Despicable Me/Super Silly Fun Land. I could definitely see them going in this direction despite those concerns.

Guests already have a hard enough time finding Minion Mayhem and these "ideas" that make the new ride take over Parisian Courtyard with Globe just make that issue that much greater along with creating a dead end instead of the current loop. I'd rather see a smaller attraction that fits the Globe location and IF Parisian must be sacrificed, put a whole new ride/attraction there.

No matter what, there needs to be proper guest flow, because the Upper Lot especially can't handle the crowds no matter how much wants to praise these new areas/revamps.. This park was NEVER meant to be Orlando (especially since it came first) & it shouldn't try to be.

Reactions: JaySalahi
If they can somehow squeeze in a squarish just a bit over a 1/2 acre, they could fit what they planned last year (2 story structure minimum-queue & pre shows first floor, ride second floor). If it's only the .35 acre of the Globe Theater, they'd have to alter and downsize. A tad over a 1/2 acre could work if it's in the right configuration. .I'd say the plan is a little less of a rectangle than the above, though still a bit of a rectangle, so maybe .60 acres would work. The angular part is right.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderMBush
One thing they might do, in an effort to save on real estate, is attempt a "queue-less" system Issuing time-returns would allow them to keep the actual queue pretty small no matter how long the wait time actually got. Not sure how it would work for a continuously loading ride compared to Race through New York or F&F:SC in Orlando which, as far as I know, load all at once at the end of a ride cycle.

Now...let me make this clear...

This is by no means accurate or confirmed!

I have no actual information on this plan!!

This is just my suggested guess and idea...

This could work, but the only way I would see them doing this would be like this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 26.54.26 PM.jpg

The full attraction ride would be on the 2nd level (much like the original plan), but the ground level will be split in half with the queue and a dining location on the bottom (again, much like the original version). This would all them to build a large enough tunnel leading directly from Universal Plaza to DM: MM. So that sight-line would not be lost.

This could work, but the only way I would see them doing this would be like this:

View attachment 7241

The full attraction ride would be on the 2nd level (much like the original plan), but the ground level will be split in half with the queue and a dining location on the bottom (again, much like the original version). This would all them to build a large enough tunnel leading directly from Universal Plaza to DM: MM. So that sight-line would not be lost.
Dude....that's genius! Just replace TWDA with the queue for this ride and you have a solution!

Dude....that's genius! Just replace TWDA with the queue for this ride and you have a solution!

You would not even need to touch TWD. The main queue would be on the ground level where the Globe Theater was. The full ride itself would be on the 2nd level above both the dining location and the globe.

So the white is the footprint of the ride itself on the 2nd level of both the globe/queue and the dining location/parisian (which are on the ground level)

Screen Shot 2018-074343-1454 at 6.54.26 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HereWeGo
TWDA is definitely not being touched for the moment being which is absolutely baffling, however that doesn't mean it's not on the chopping block.

I'm greatly amused that after all this promise that this was the Lower Lot's time to shine, Universal is going to instead continue to tinker with the Upper Lot. Yes, I know Jurassic World is coming but that's a replacement instead of a total re-invention of space like the Upper Lot has been getting. This will be the last remaining bits from the old. If you were to travel 10 years into the future from 2012, it would be absolutely unrecognizable.

^This is the only logical solution. And please be an indoor dine-in restaurant with random character appearances like (Hollywood & Vine at DHS), even if its a buffet. Just not the same BS quick service trash in the park. Also they can even give the tunnel a big entrance sign- "Illumination Land".. Now the real question is.... What about French st??? Mel's?

TWDA is definitely not being touched for the moment being which is absolutely baffling, however that doesn't mean it's not on the chopping block
Most recently heard it has roughly 1 year of (after)life left before it goes "bye bye bye"

Most recently heard it has roughly 1 year of (after)life left before it goes "bye bye bye"
Happy day once TWDA goes. Incredibly underwhelming when I experienced it.
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

or the more classic
giphy.gif

I'll be sad because it ends the tradition of a year-round haunt. Lot of good people working there who won't be able to assume similar roles elsewhere, but, it's probably better for the overall health of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.