Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

Maybe they don't want people getting too excited for a FIREWORKS show like Happily Ever After? :shrug: I mean, sure, there's fireworks in the show, but these are nothing in comparison really.

Nor are they the focus of the show.
Not being compared to Disney seems likely to be the main reason. But I like to believe it’s because Pyrotechnic is a movie making term!

No. Disney literally builds their own mortars. It saves them a ton of money.
Huh, I thought I remembered @Marni1971 saying that Disney gets their stuff shipped over from Germany or someplace like that.

Either way, after seeing what they look like and what the debris looks like (small caps that look like the bottom of a Reece's cup), i'd be very surprised if Universal actually spent money to manufacture these themselves.

No. Disney literally builds their own mortars. It saves them a ton of money.

I don't believe Universal does. But that is why I asked.
I believe there was an explosion years ago on a Chinese barge which caused IllumiNations and Wishes to run on minimal fireworks for a while...That leads me to believe they order them

I'm pretty sure Universal does the same

I imagine it is cheaper to just buy the product from China

I didn't mean that Disney was making gunpowder. I believe they buy the powder formulated for different color from China, but they pack the shells on property.

Last edited:
We will have more up later tonight, or early tomorrow, but couple blurbs.

• In regards to what IP's made the show, Aiello said no matter what he wanted ET involved.
  • The opening narration, along with the surrounding area lighting dimming, adds a wonderful touch.
  • Lasers addition, while neat, doesn't add too much.
  • It's definitely tightened up a lot since tech rehearsals.
  • The show was designed to be interchangeable.

So you know how this is supposed to be looking back at your day at the park and highlight those IPs. Well, what if at the beginning of the show the Back to the Future twinkle sound was played to signal going back in time and getting vr a nod to the IP. Thoughts?

So you know how this is supposed to be looking back at your day at the park and highlight those IPs. Well, what if at the beginning of the show the Back to the Future twinkle sound was played to signal going back in time and getting vr a nod to the IP. Thoughts?
I mean, you don't need that excuse to put BTTF in the show if they really wanted to. The DeLorean and the Train are out there for pictures and Doc comes out and does roaming M&Gs every day.

I mean, you don't need that excuse to put BTTF in the show if they really wanted to. The DeLorean and the Train are out there for pictures and Doc comes out and does roaming M&Gs every day.
I don’t think they want it to be a focus of the show though. By doing the above, it gives a nod without focusing on an older IP snot represented in the park.