Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

It has one thing going for it. The UOAP Facebook group seems to like it which says something.
So far from pretty much most everyone I know who saw it, this is being received very well. Contrast that to when F&F opened, pretty much all of those same people had a negative opinion of it. So this is certainly going to come out as a win for UOR.

I will say if you are in San Fran/London/New York around 9:15 and aren't seeing the show, be prepared for the lights to abruptly shut off. They don't warn you and it just sort of happens. Lots of people wondering wtf happened for a few minutes afterwards.

I will say if you are in San Fran/London/New York around 9:15 and aren't seeing the show, be prepared for the lights to abruptly shut off. They don't warn you and it just sort of happens. Lots of people wondering wtf happened for a few minutes afterwards.
Might need to take a page from Disney's playbook and issue a canned warning over the speakers.

EDIT: Showtimes are finally up on the website:

Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration™
July 1 - July 31: 9:45 pm

At least it's easy to remember!

So far from pretty much most everyone I know who saw it, this is being received very well. Contrast that to when F&F opened, pretty much all of those same people had a negative opinion of it. So this is certainly going to come out as a win for UOR.

Saw some discussion that people are making special trips and buying APs just for this show on twitter. Small sample, yes, but interesting.

Considering the turnaround time (along with having to accelerate the project), it's extremely impressive to see this be a rather good win for Universal.

That narration makes a huge difference. Wow

I get Fantasmic vibes from the opening narration, in a great way, as it sets that tone rather nicely.

Transformers and Potter aren't even Universal franchises. This show isn't about Universal. It's about Universal Parks.

There should be at least one shot of Penelope Toothsome and Jacques and Volcano Bay.
There should be a shot of MIB, Spider-Man, Hulk, Mythos, and Springfield.

I’m not sure if I’m the first one to say this, but, #saveuniversal

Great to see IU is mainline now....I love Aiello's enthusiasm. You can tell that it's real. Hope he continues to climb the corporate ladder. It's always good to have some fresh young talented people coming through the system. Sometimes those at the top get a little too comfortable & set in their ways.
From JAWS skipper to HHN scareactor to now show director and all around entertainment guy

I do hope he jumps to designing rides one day

There's something thrilling when all the lights turn off at the same time right before a show, or on the first chord of the music. Wish they would do that instead of the turning off lights randomly before.