Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I’m very excited for this ride and think it will be fantastic, I’m also keeping my expectations and hype in check.
I was expecting a re-tracking of DC a couple of years ago...So all of this is a real treat in my eyes haha

Also, is this going to have two access points to the drop track, or two drop tracks....I'm thinking similar to Cobra's Curse, only with a droptrack, of course

drop-track-849x500.jpg

I was expecting a re-tracking of DC a couple of years ago...So all of this is a real treat in my eyes haha

Also, is this going to have two access points to the drop track, or two drop tracks....I'm thinking similar to Cobra's Curse, only with a droptrack, of course

drop-track-849x500.jpg
My guess is two drop tracks. Since they fall straight down, I don't think it could be like Cobra's Curse, where the track moves diagonally as it rises to match one end point. I think this ride will have you cross a track switch, then drop using one of the two drop tracks, and then cross another track switch on the way out. (Both track switches switch behind you, so next train uses the other drop track while yours resets.)

I don't think a drop track can (or should) fall diagonally like Cobra's Curse's elevator rises, so has to be two the whole way through.

My guess is two drop tracks. Since they fall straight down, I don't think it could be like Cobra's Curse, where the track moves diagonally as it rises to match one end point. I think this ride will have you cross a track switch, then drop using one of the two drop tracks, and then cross another track switch on the way out. (Both track switches switch behind you, so next train uses the other drop track while yours resets.)

I don't think a drop track can (or should) fall diagonally like Cobra's Curse's elevator rises, so has to be two the whole way through.
That is a good point haha, it would feel strange for sure...It is a good call from a capacity standpoint, perhaps this show scene will be a bit longer than the others

That is a good point haha, it would feel strange for sure...It is a good call from a capacity standpoint, perhaps this show scene will be a bit longer than the others
Just like the teeter totter at Gringotts, it will need to at least be long enough to ensure the train is locked onto the track before dropping, and then that the track is locked in place before moving again. I imagine they will incorporate these stop times into the show.

The fact that we are getting two drop tracks makes me think we will be inside the building for a long(ish) time period for story telling purposes. Coaster's by there vary nature don't dispatch all that fast. Gringotts only has one "tilt" track which resets very quickly yet your still given a decent amount of story. We know tracking switching happens super fast, the drop track happens pretty quick and it's reset time isn't very long. To my knowledge, this is the first drop track coaster to feature a dual drop in the world. The only reason I see them going to the expense of creating two drop tracks is because they want to increase not only the ride time, but to finish the story strong.

If the drop track area does end up being something like Devil's Snare, I wonder if one RV will pull in and it will act like Ron in the movie where he struggles and fights it so he never drops down. The other RV will pull in and after a brief story moment the first RV will "relax" and drop while the 2nd RV continues it "struggle". This would fit so well with the story of how Devil's Snare works while also upping the "fear" level of the ride as you see fellow riders dropping next to you so you know your next.

The fact that we are getting two drop tracks makes me think we will be inside the building for a long(ish) time period for story telling purposes. Coaster's by there vary nature don't dispatch all that fast. Gringotts only has one "tilt" track which resets very quickly yet your still given a decent amount of story. We know tracking switching happens super fast, the drop track happens pretty quick and it's reset time isn't very long. To my knowledge, this is the first drop track coaster to feature a dual drop in the world. The only reason I see them going to the expense of creating two drop tracks is because they want to increase not only the ride time, but to finish the story strong.

If the drop track area does end up being something like Devil's Snare, I wonder if one RV will pull in and it will act like Ron in the movie where he struggles and fights it so he never drops down. The other RV will pull in and after a brief story moment the first RV will "relax" and drop while the 2nd RV continues it "struggle". This would fit so well with the story of how Devil's Snare works while also upping the "fear" level of the ride as you see fellow riders dropping next to you so you know your next.
I don't think we will see another train next to us during that scene. It will be two carbon copies of the same elements.

Every scene in Gringotts has a long(ish) stop (for screen elements.) This coaster will not stop for extended time in every scene, so the need for the A/B switch droptrack is mainly to compensate for the time it takes for the track elevator to reset back to start and lock. I think that is much more the consideration here than the time needed for a show scene.

EDIT: Other coasters with drop tracks in the world reset in time for the next train... but I have a feeling that they intend to run more trains on this ride than those other rides around the world, so having the ability to swap drop-tracks will be important. Just like Cobra's Curse, or Transformers.

Last edited:
I would imagine each drop track will be in it’s own themed “room” so that one won’t be able to look over to the side and see the other track. Either that or the entire thing will be done in pitch darkness and it won’t matter...
Maybe a little of column A and a little of column B.

And back to @Badgeking 's original point, this should still be a great finale to the ride, but I do not expect it to be a very long scene. It should utilize the time required for track switches and drop tracks to lock as part of the show scene - but probably won't be anywhere close to the stop times of the Gringotts scenes.

With the last two attractions at the resort having "virtual queues", do you all think that would be the case here? Or will it have a traditional waiting line?

Seems the Virtual Queue concept worked OK with Fallon, since the queue entertainment is as good as the ride, and there's no traditional queue winding rope line... It's kind of fallen on it's face with F&F though. No need for VQ when there's not much of a demand for the ride, and the queue, while good, doesn't have any special entertainment to keep you occupied. Can't really count those 2 pre shows as anything except stops on the queue rope line itself....Hoping the VQ concept is dead. The planning around an appointment time is too much like the overly planned Disney FP system and detracts from a spontaneous tour of the parks.

It's kind of hard to tell from the perspectives you can only see online, but seeing this ride in person really just makes you catch your breath. It looks twistier, tighter, and far more expansive. But it's also far lower to the ground than you'd think, at some points even lower than the service road behind it, and already it blends in so well. The drop track will be comparable in size to those we've seen elsewhere, but it's all about giving that last little unexpected thrill. I trust Universal will integrate all show elements seamlessly.

By the way, I expect a backdrop landscape for this, especially given what we got with Kong. It would be a loss in perspective if they decide not to do it. I'm hoping it's more dimensional, however, with flattened relief rockwork for some great light-catching opportunities.

With the last two attractions at the resort having "virtual queues", do you all think that would be the case here? Or will it have a traditional waiting line?
For F&F it seems to be just a "widened" queue...Honestly, not sure what they were thinking with any part of that attraction.

I'm actually expecting the same route that DD took through the queue building....Of course, with much more amazing theming that we have come to expect from Universal as of late

Perhaps and interactive game as well - Harry Potter trivia would certainly be more interesting than F&F trivia

Each update keeps my excitement for this ride going. I watched the video and IOA's entrance is always stunning. It makes me want to drive down there and then to just sit and listen to the music and look around.
IOA entrance is soooo good.Guaranteed to put a smile on your face and a chill up your spine. I hope the new park has an entrance at least equal to IOA's Port of Entry. It's the total package.

Status
Not open for further replies.