Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Pardon me, I am an idiot for not remembering that Universal already announced that the T2 venue would get something in 2019.

source.gif

You may accidently be correct. It's happening. But we'll see when it opens :bolt:

And I'll say we shouldn't assume KZ stays untouched with Nintendo moving here.

I thought you were making some kind of "nobody went to IOA till Potter joke" and then I was going to post of gif of someone rolling their eyes...But now, this is all pointless

You may accidently be correct. It's happening. But we'll see when it opens :bolt:

And I'll say we shouldn't assume KZ stays untouched with Nintendo moving here.
I truly expect Trolls to move in sooner rather than later...I wouldn't be surprised if Berk moves into IOA as well

With Trolls & Berk pretty prominent in 'your day at Universal' lagoon show, I'd be pretty sure they'll end up in one of the parks, or the new one.
Not that it means anything at all, but there is some HTTYD merch in LC...as well as Trolls in the exit shop at Studios

Just thought it was interesting

Mike S said:
Wasn't there Nintendo people walking around Lost Continent earlier this year?

I'm not sure, but I feel like I remember that

I would think this park would take longer than some others. Expecting immersive themeing throughout and some far more advanced rides. Mario Kart will have been built already which will be helpful.

Not that it means anything at all, but there is some HTTYD merch in LC...as well as Trolls in the exit shop at Studios

Just thought it was interesting
There’s also a cart by Margaritaville and one by Mel’s. I usually notice the Trolls stuff because my son really likes it.

The construction industry has changed a lot even in the last 10 years, working a second shift use to be rare. Today's fast tracked projects will almost always have a third (graveyard) shift. If you throw enough money at it anything is possible...

What is this regarding?

Project 791 is the JP project at IOA IIRC.

126 and 1301 is up in the air.

I can't remember seeing a project number starting with 13 and it suggests it's the first project of that category, sounds like it could be related to the new park or resort but that's just a wild guess.

Those are the three major projects going on right now. You also have 304, which was applied for by SLRC Holdings which is the shell company Universal used to buy the new land, so that is definitely the new park.

126- Terminator Replacement
791 - Jurassic Park
1301 - ?????

Not sure about 1301, but based on the permit inspection comments, it seems like a pretty major project.

Not really any new news on those, but I've been out of the loop for a while and just started digging into those permits to see if I could find anything definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.