Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s still supposed to drop when you’re underneath, and it does sometimes.

Yes, until this year that can crate has always dropped when the boat was underneath it. This is the first trip ever where every time I’ve ridden the crate drops well before the boat is underneath. I was asking when and why this effect was changed?

Light themed, exposed coaster.
Enough to give pixie snorters something to complain about for a few years

Yes, until this year that can crate has always dropped when the boat was underneath it. This is the first trip ever where every time I’ve ridden the crate drops well before the boat is underneath. I was asking when and why this effect was changed?
My guess is either safety or the trigger is acting up and starting the scene to early

Both are annoying.

Fun fact, there are no actual bugs trapped in amber in all of the JP area of IOA. The "amber" door windows for the front (lower-level) entrance to Discovery Center are filled with twigs and small debris meant to look like insects...

And there is an amber prop that was actually used in the filming of the original movie where the insect was removed from before it was put on display in the parks. Not sure why, guess they didn't want any fears of blood-filled insects on display anywhere...

Meanwhile, you can buy real crickets and grubs inside candy at the giftshop to eat. Go figure.

Jurassic-Discovery-Center-Hands-On.jpg
Actual amber from the film seen in this photo, (from early amber mine scene I believe,) but with mosquito removed.

To be fair, not even the movies have that any more:

This they have a problem with? Clearly the filmmakers just used big bugs that look like they mighta lived in dinosaur times. It's a movie prop lol. People be picky.

That said, there was this episode of Family Matters where Steve Urkel builds a VR video game, and him and Carl get trapped inside it. (The show had already jumped the shark by this time.) So Urkel has this Virtual Reality helmet, that he claims he created himself... But I knew the truth! It was actually a an off-brand Virtual Boy you could purchase in stores. It was for playing Gameboy games through a VR visor. How dare the TV show's prop department not make a brand new VR system for Urkel to claim he made on the show.

There. Now I'm super complaintive too.

This they have a problem with? Clearly the filmmakers just used big bugs that look like they mighta lived in dinosaur times. It's a movie prop lol. People be picky.

That said, there was this episode of Family Matters where Steve Urkel builds a VR video game, and him and Carl get trapped inside it. (The show had already jumped the shark by this time.) So Urkel has this Virtual Reality helmet, that he claims he created himself... But I knew the truth! It was actually a an off-brand Virtual Boy you could purchase in stores. It was for playing Gameboy games through a VR visor. How dare the TV show's prop department not make a brand new VR system for Urkel to claim he made on the show.

There. Now I'm super complaintive too.
I understand your angst. I was shattered when I found out the Robot in Captain Video was a man in cardboard, and in later years realizing the Robots in Star Wars were not real, devastated my youthful dreams. Now I'm hearing rumors that the transporter on Star Trek didn't really beam people to other places, and 'perhaps' Scotty was a fictional character. I don't know how I'll handle that if it turns out to be true.... :afraid::(

I can't seeing it stay as JP though.

Rebranding makes sense if JW is going to be the ongoing movie series. Even if they reset, they'd reset back to JW...

In 20 or 30 years, JP will still be the classic idea that started it all, but JW will be the dominant brand that Universal is selling with movies every ~3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.