Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Also... this is six flags... BOTH Green Lantern coasters are named "First Flight"... Magic Mountain's being a non-operating ZacSpin... the other being the former Chang stand-up coaster. So neither of which has to do with flying. Assuming that just because it has the word "Racer" in the title means it will have a racing theme is a very 1 dimensional thought process (even in regards to Six Flags).

More than likely, they thought the name sounded "cool"... same with "Maxx Force" with its two X's... the double X makes it more edgy. Seriously, that is their thought process

Last edited:
I’m going with a non-launched Xtreme Spinner in the 14-16 story range and assuming ‘West Coast Racer’ is for the mat racer going to Concord.

I’m going with a non-launched Xtreme Spinner in the 14-16 story range and assuming ‘West Coast Racer’ is for the mat racer going to Concord.

I believe Chris said that it will be a hyper coaster and top out right at 200 feet or 20 stories.

TBH, I also think it will be a spinner primarily because of the marketing advantage. "Fastest, tallest spinner in the world."

I'm leaning for West Coast Racer to either be the retheme to Apocalypse or the new flat ride. We shall see.

On a side note, they just announced VR on Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom will be ending July 29.

I really wanted to love VR when I went on Revolution last year. It seemed like a cool concept on paper.

It was such a huge letdown. Halfway through the ride, the headset stopped working. So for a big chunk of the ride all I saw was a not working screen. My nephew's headset stopped working as soon as the train left the station.

VR on rides needs to die.

I’m not a big VR on ride fan either, but surprisingly, it wasn’t all that bad on Lex. In terms of ride and operations.

Interesting. Perhaps they work better on non-coaster rides.

I'm very curious to see if Universal will be able to make AR work on Mario Kart at SNW.

The only VR i've gotten to experience on Revolution is the xmas overlay which I didn't mind but it definitely could've benefited from audio. The difference between the VR for revolution & Doom is that they definitely made effort with Doom's VR

I love how its now the middle of summer and Revolution's VR has not returned like they said it would. Too bad they can't remove the "NEW" from the ride's title

Went to SFMM yesterday and finally rode Crazanity - awesome flat and definitely a top 5 ride in the park. Looking straight down feels TERRIBLE, as if the restraint might pop at any second and you'd be faced with falling to your doom, but the views are breathtaking. The air is really felt against your cheeks too and was pretty funny

Also the Cyclone Bay construction was MUCH smaller than I thought it would be, especially when viewed along the side of the Jet Stream queue.

Went to SFMM yesterday and finally rode Crazanity - awesome flat and definitely a top 5 ride in the park. Looking straight down feels TERRIBLE, as if the restraint might pop at any second and you'd be faced with falling to your doom, but the views are breathtaking. The air is really felt against your cheeks too and was pretty funny

Also the Cyclone Bay construction was MUCH smaller than I thought it would be, especially when viewed along the side of the Jet Stream queue.
What do you mean by smaller?

^ The area in which the construction is occurring doesn't seem as big as I was thought to believe. It's a very narrow stretch.

The views are the same views as from any other high ride within the park...

And the area of Apocalypse Midway (Cyclone Bay has not been a thing in years) that was recently demolished has a lot more space than it looks. Its not that "narrow". The rest of the area should be going away soon enough. They finally have the mini arcade directly across from Apocalypse/Kickin' Chicken walled off.

Here is a back side view of the recently demolished area next to the old mini arcade
tr6ZaxJ.jpg

Here's a shot of Apocalypse from yesterday just because... surprising they have actually put a more solid wall to block the entrance while having the midway open
aunmyjf.jpg

The views are the same views as from any other high ride within the park...

And the area of Apocalypse Midway (Cyclone Bay has not been a thing in years) that was recently demolished has a lot more space than it looks. Its not that "narrow". The rest of the area should be going away soon enough. They finally have the mini arcade directly across from Apocalypse/Kickin' Chicken walled off.

Here is a back side view of the recently demolished area next to the old mini arcade
tr6ZaxJ.jpg

Here's a shot of Apocalypse from yesterday just because... surprising they have actually put a more solid wall to block the entrance while having the midway open
aunmyjf.jpg

I'm glad to hear there's more space than originally thought in Adrenaline Alley.

Do you have any insider knowledge if they're going to refurb Apocalypse or just do a retheme?

At this time, its hard to say.... but probably column A & column B for Apocalypse.

Oh yea, in other news: *Standing under Ninja*
Guest: "Do you know where that green one is?"
Me: :what::huh: "You mean the water ride Jet Stream?"
Guest: "Yea. We rode it earlier but we're lost & can't find the entrance"
Me: :eek:O: "You have to go back down the hill & all the way around"