Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2018 Construction Thread

I've had multiple insiders tell me that this year is definitely one to look forward to but, we shall see. Always good to go in with low expectations
at this point its gonna take a lot to win back the trust of a lot of the fanbase. At least construction doesn't show many signs of black walls

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the tram did NOT pass by the mazes this morning... :x: its the one thing I hate about the Studio Tour, its so random.. however, I was happy skipping 6 Points Texas, Little Europe, & Colonial St... Sadly, Kong 360 3D & Supercharged are still a thing. :chainsaw:

WATERWORLD
8mvScwG.jpg

PARISIAN COURTYARD
h54Iltz.jpg

SS29
AYED7i0.jpg

^Stranger Things is now vertical inside SS29

SS747 AREA
aklwJea.jpg

Not much has changed, so if anyone doesn't have their AP blacked out over the next 3 weeks & can get pics that'd be great.

I find the pic of Stranger Things to be interesting. All of the mazes, including the few inside 747, have all been built the same. They have all shared this layout where all of the rooms are built in a "box" as everything is connected to each other. I'm more excited about ST now because it looks like they're departing from that "boxy" design than Hollywood loves so much and will be using Orlando's design layout in their sound stages to use the space to its fullest. I wish they would adapt a similar design for the Metro houses.

You do realize they have to design to fit into the tent/location space right? There is no difference in "design" as far as construction goes except for the location that it is built in. Did you already forget the recent SS747 mazes we had here? Besides, as it is, Mummy's tent & Purge don't even cover the last segment of their respective maze.

yea i kinda figured more would be added because i noticed a support structure behind the tower when i was at the park (ugh... 3 weeks.. i can get through this... *breathes*)

sadly Universal doesn't know how to recapture the classic monster films from the 1920s-1950s

If only Universal didn't attempt a MCU-style Monster movies and hired the same guys who wrote Transformers and Amazing Spider-Man II. Too bad, Universal doesn't have its own popular superhero franchise yet, so they have to attempt one with the horror IPs they own.

If only Universal didn't attempt a MCU-style Monster movies and hired the same guys who wrote Transformers and Amazing Spider-Man II. Too bad, Universal doesn't have its own popular superhero franchise yet, so they have to attempt one with the horror IPs they own.
FUN FACT: The Universal Monsters did the shared universe many years BEFORE the MCU was even a thing. The Dark Universe is not a new concept for the monsters, just a new execution. They were all part of the same universe to begin with and some ended up crossing over with each other later on..

House of Dracula, House of Frankenstein, Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman,.... hell I'll even include Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein.

This should've been a post done by @ush.hacker He loves his "FACK" posts

FUN FACT: The Universal Monsters did the shared universe many years BEFORE the MCU was even a thing. The Dark Universe is not a new concept for the monsters, just a new execution. They were all part of the same universe to begin with and some ended up crossing over with each other later on..

House of Dracula, House of Frankenstein, Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman,.... hell I'll even include Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein.

This should've been a post done by @ush.hacker He loves his "FACK" posts

Not just that, Universal was actually the first studio to do a cinematic universe in the 1930s, which no other studio in the Golden Age of Hollywood did. Which gives me an idea, maybe I'm up for a Universal Classic Monsters HHN maze from the 1930s to 1950s instead. It would have sold just as well to the GP, hoping maybe it will be a bit different than a year-round House of Horrors.

Except Phantom was 1925..... the remake was 1943...

well anything will be different than the former HoH since that was a 3-story attraction & this will just be a 10-scene ground level maze