Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm speaking more if SNW has changed locations from where it was slated to be located.

Well that's what I mean. I'm pretty sure SNW has been relocated due to the height balloons that were seen recently. Would else would they have to tear down to make room for 8 acres?

Well that's what I mean. I'm pretty sure SNW has been relocated due to the height balloons that were seen recently. Would else would they have to tear down to make room for 8 acres?

upload_2018-7-19_16-24-56.png

This, would be as close as they could get to 8 acres (and that's not even 8, that's more around the 7.5 acre mark).

If SNW is at 22-25 now, expect it to not be on the similar size in acres to what would've been.

Reactions: SOCAL110
View attachment 7270

This, would be as close as they could get to 8 acres (and that's not even 8, that's more around the 7.5 acre mark).

If SNW is at 22-25 now, expect it to not be on the similar size in acres to what would've been.

So if SNW goes here, and assuming the pipe is placed between Panda Express and Transformers, are we assuming that courtyard likely takes up the left, Mario Kart goes in upper right, and Yoshi straddles the border from bottom right to bottom middle?

Also, does Sophie refer to one of the executives at USH? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new here.

So if SNW goes here, and assuming the pipe is placed between Panda Express and Transformers, are we assuming that courtyard likely takes up the left, Mario Kart goes in upper right, and Yoshi straddles the border from bottom right to bottom middle?

Also, does Sophie refer to one of the executives at USH? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new here.

As far as Sophie goes, SoCal is relating towards the metaphor to Sophies Choice.

Basically, it's presumably a no-win scenario.

That said, if SNW has moved away from Mummy, that means RoTM is safe for now, which would mean that we still have a thrilling coaster at USH for now.

Jeez, Jurassic World is bigger than I remember..

Well, the JW area would include a JW-themed restaurant and it will be a retheme of the original Jurassic Park movie. It wouldn't be Jurassic World without having to include a JW World restaurant which is why it looks much bigger.

'
Amazing! It would be great for expanding into SS 16-20, supposedly if the plans are made for future attractions, unless they're officially part of SNW.

That said, if SNW has moved away from Mummy, that means RoTM is safe for now, which would mean that we still have a thrilling coaster at USH for now.

Well that's a good thing, at least we're not gonna lose the only indoor roller coaster in the park Universal has, but at the same time, I really think it's time for a good replacement, considering that the Mummy from Brendan Frasier already outlive its purpose. That said, it's a really good thing the Lower Lot is getting the treatment it deserves, since USH has been ignoring it for almost 3 decades.

As far as Sophie goes, SoCal is relating towards the metaphor to Sophies Choice.

Basically, it's presumably a no-win scenario.

Maybe they could use 29 and 31 behind Transformers to make up the extra space, though at that point it seems like Universal would be getting rid of too many soundstages too fast, assuming they are still invested in consistently using them.

What if Hollywood got a entirely new ride that we haven't seen yet? Like a new dark-ride, flat, or something along those lines. It doesn't look like they have enough room for DK as of right now.

Universal could do something like this:

Japan:
  1. Mario Kart dark ride
  2. Yoshi dark ride
  3. Donkey Kong coaster (expansion)
Hollywood:
  1. Mario Kart dark ride
  2. Yoshi dark ride
  3. Luigi's Mansion interactive dark ride (?)
Orlando:
  1. Mario Kart dark ride
  2. Yoshi dark ride
  3. Donkey Kong coaster
  4. Luigi's Mansion interactive dark ride (?)
That way, Orlando remains the best version of SNW, but both of the other parks get the expansions they need.

What if Hollywood got a entirely new ride that we haven't seen yet? Like a new dark-ride, flat, or something along those lines. It doesn't look like they have enough room for DK as of right now.

Universal could do something like this:

Japan:
  1. Mario Kart dark ride
  2. Yoshi dark ride
  3. Donkey Kong coaster (expansion)
Hollywood:
  1. Mario Kart dark ride
  2. Yoshi dark ride
  3. Luigi's Mansion interactive dark ride (?)
Orlando:
  1. Mario Kart dark ride
  2. Yoshi dark ride
  3. Donkey Kong coaster
  4. Luigi's Mansion interactive dark ride (?)
That way, Orlando remains the best version of SNW, but both of the other parks get the expansions they need.

What would a Luigi's Mansion interactive dark ride would look like in Hollywood? They're gonna need a ton of space for that kind of ride it if were to happen.

Well, the JW area would include a JW-themed restaurant and it will be a retheme of the original Jurassic Park movie. It wouldn't be Jurassic World without having to include a JW World restaurant which is why it looks much bigger.
I would love to see Mummy replaced with a JW-themed coaster of some sort. Maybe they could change it to a JW spinning Gyrosphere coaster? It could be our own version of Space Fantasy. It would fit the building perfectly.
Well that's a good thing, at least we're not gonna lose the only indoor roller coaster in the park Universal has, but at the same time, I really think it's time for a good replacement, considering that the Mummy from Brendan Frasier already outlive its purpose. That said, it's a really good thing the Lower Lot is getting the treatment it deserves, since USH has been ignoring it for almost 3 decades.
Don't talk smack on the sacred Fraiser!
download.jpg

One would assume that, considering how Universal has seemed to make changes to most of it's dining options...Jurassic is the one being left in the dust. Hell, even Mel's got a update prior to Jurassic closing.

I would assume, they would likely do the same for a update. Cosmetically, and on quality.

Same goes to Outfitters as-well for the design and flow.

I fully agree that Mummy should be replaced, but I am happy to see it possibly sticking, if things are going the way that they seem to be. I just hope they find something that can be a suitable replacement then for the future.

I don't really know, to be honest. It was more of an example.

There are other examples than just Luigi's Mansion. Hell, I can think of one relating to Cappy that'd actually make sense from a guest standpoint, or even something on Warioland in a odd way.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Jeez, Jurassic World is bigger than I remember..
Its not... the area labeled JW is the ride, the backstage area, the extended queue, raptor encounter, snack stand, the giftshop, & the restaurant.

I really think it's time for a good replacement, considering that the Mummy from Brendan Frasier already outlive its purpose.
Outlived its purpose? what purpose would that be? Because its both roller coaster & classic dark ride. And considering most people associate The Mummy MORE with Brendan Fraiser than they do Boris Karloff (sadly) or even Tom Cruise, that again doesn't exactly make it "outlived".

That way, Orlando remains the best version of SNW
Orlando doesn't "need" an expansion, especially when they're already getting a 3rd park. Also why would Orlando have to get the "best version"? That seems ridiculous that everything should cater/pander to Orlando.

What would a Luigi's Mansion interactive dark ride would look like in Hollywood? They're gonna need a ton of space for that kind of ride it if were to happen.
Thats not true at all. It just needs a big show building. and.. clearly it'd look like a haunted mansion (not to be confused with Disney).. It'd be a dark ride with laser tag guns just like Buzz Lightyear. MIB, Justice League... It could easily be a mix of practical sets & screens (not to the justice league extent though). Its really not that hard to fathom a concept.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
There are other examples than just Luigi's Mansion. Hell, I can think of one relating to Cappy that'd actually make sense from a guest standpoint, or even something on Warioland in a odd way.

Wow, I hadn’t thought about a Cappy/Super Mario Odyssey ride before. You’re right, it would make sense.

Just imagine an advanced simulator ride, where you fly around in the Odyssey, going through different kingdoms, and watching Cappy possess the creatures/objects found within each area. It’s perfect.

Orlando doesn't "need" an expansion, especially when they're already getting a 3rd park. Also why would Orlando have to get the "best version"? That seems ridiculous that everything should cater/pander to Orlando.

I was referring to Japan and Hollywood, and it’s been rumored for awhile now that SNW in Orlando will be the best iteration of the land. Not to mention it’ll be the crown jewel of the 3rd Park.

Also, Orlando gets the most attendance, has the most parks, and has the most competition. What do you expect?

Outlived its purpose? what purpose would that be? Because its both roller coaster & classic dark ride. And considering most people associate The Mummy MORE with Brendan Fraiser than they do Boris Karloff (sadly) or even Tom Cruise, that again doesn't exactly make it "outlived".

Long lines and more people doesn't negate the fact it's already outdated in some sort of way. While a fun ride, the Mummy franchise based on Brendan Frasier isn't really relevant nor popular as other franchises recently nowadays. I get the fact you're a nostalgic kind of guy, but the reality is Universal cares about the modern audience and wanting to update the franchise when it really wants to to get on with the times and how its relevant to pop culture and popularity. Movie IPs don't generally last long as it should depending on how it impacts pop culture greatly and in mysterious ways. This is true now and this was true in the past. List of former Universal Studios Hollywood attractions - Wikipedia

So I guess using your logic, almost every attraction Universal Hollywood got ridden off is "bad" from your point of view. As shown here in the link, some of the Universal attractions people loved and adored are wooed by the advanced technology from the late 1990s to late 2010s, that people don't care about. Some rides are popular, some don't, but that's simply how it is. Jurassic Park: The Ride, for instance, is in a serious need of desperate care, which is why it's gonna get replaced by the Jurassic World re-theming. Shrek 4D is already dull by the late 2010s that DreamWorks Theater replaced the attraction. However, WaterWorld is too popular because it makes it seem like its own thing, even if it's based on the BO failure of the 1995 movie. Again, when a ride or attraction is considered full, then it's time to consider replacing it and keep the audience happy and relevant to the times as soon as possible.

Thats not true at all. It just needs a big show building. and.. clearly it'd look like a haunted mansion (not to be confused with Disney).. It'd be a dark ride with laser tag guns just like Buzz Lightyear. MIB, Justice League... It could easily be a mix of practical sets & screens (not to the justice league extent though). Its really not that hard to fathom a concept.

Ehhh, that'd be copying off Disney formula, and people would accuse Universal as such. I was thinking more with the lines of restructuring based on the Men in Black-style attraction which is more exciting and more open than having riders being so close together, so it sorta does need to have some sort of space.

To say this, I feel like you can do a good shooting dark ride but not have to use a lot of space.

They could do the Pet's approach, and have one floor be queue and the other being the attraction itself; and it'd actually work if you ask me for a Nintendo IP.