Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I posted an article a few days ago about the possible name for the 4th gate, because no one had yet...

Could This Be the Name for Universal Orlando’s 4th Gate? – Orlando ParkStop

Now, let the rumors spread. Fly, fly my pretties! Be free into the world.

Could Fourth Universal Orlando Park Be Named "Universal's Fantastic Worlds"? - Theme Park University

Skip to about 12mins 40secs. Park names are discussed from a recent survey.

Jim Hill's math calculates that the new park could open by October 2020. I think that's ridiculous but September 2021 could now be possible.

With all the talk about Universal's take on nostalgia, this could be an epic battle between Disney's 50th celebration and Universal's new park. On the nostalgia front, it's interesting to see how Nintendo's influence will come into it. Millions of kids played Nintendo when they were young and now they're doing the same with their own kids and will be able to take that experience a step further when Nintendo finally opens.

At this point, saving Pokemon for a theoretical dry park #4 actually makes the most sense if we're really thinking that far ahead.

I have no clue whether Universal executives are..., but there is no better anchor for a 4th dry park than Pokemon (assuming that Mario gets the 3rd dry park nod).

At this point, saving Pokemon for a theoretical dry park #4 actually makes the most sense if we're really thinking that far ahead.

I have no clue whether Universal executives are..., but there is no better anchor for a 4th dry park than Pokemon (assuming that Mario gets the 3rd dry park nod).

I think saving anything for a theoretical park whose eventual existence is far from a definite makes little sense. I just am not sold that there’s any solid plans (or even a go ahead from the Pokemon Company) for a land.

I'm willing to bet that Universal has some sort of plans for Pokemon at this time, as it's extremely popular and on the same level as Mario. It's Zelda I wonder about....
I honestly see Berk coming over Zelda...I know it is popular, I just don't see it as well known by the GP....I mean, I'm a gamer and I never played Zelda, perhaps I need too

I'm willing to bet that Universal has some sort of plans for Pokemon at this time, as it's extremely popular and on the same level as Mario. It's Zelda I wonder about....
Zelda is their third biggest property and is the most popular one that skews to the older crowd that has been Universal’s bread and butter since the beginning. It’s definitely coming. The fact it was being given a big section in the original pitch is a dead give away that UC wants to do it. When and where is the only question even though I think it’s going to LC.
I honestly see Berk coming over Zelda...I know it is popular, I just don't see it as well known by the GP....I mean, I'm a gamer and I never played Zelda, perhaps I need too
Buy a Switch with Breath of the Wild and thank me later.

Zelda is their third biggest property and is the most popular one that skews to the older crowd that has been Universal’s bread and butter since the beginning. It’s definitely coming. The fact it was being given a big section in the original pitch is a dead give away that UC wants to do it. When and where is the only question even though I think it’s going to LC.

If Zelda does come, it probably won’t be for awhile. SNW first, Pokémon after that, then Zelda.

Of course, this goes out the window if Universal decides to put all of the Nintendo properties in the new park.

If Zelda does come, it probably won’t be for awhile. SNW first, Pokémon after that, then Zelda.

Of course, this goes out the window if Universal decides to put all of the Nintendo properties in the new park.
All of it will likely be “Super Nintendo World,” not just Mario. We’ve already been through this with “Wizarding World of Harry Potter.” Nintendo isn’t only Mario, just like Harry Potter isn't only Hogwarts and Hogsmeade.

To the rest, if Pokémon isn’t fully planned out yet and we’ve already heard possible rumblings of Zelda it might actually come first.

I don’t know- considering USF has absolutely nothing to market towards kids outside of a terrible Shrek ride, I’d think bringing one “premium” IP like Trolls would be wiser than some cast-off that becomes Fiefel 2.0.
I think Trolls is more primed for USF and move the Shrek IP over to the new park. You guys all severely underestimate how much people love Shrek, simply because the attraction sucks. It would be a property that hits one of their target demos in both places. Millennial's with kids. The parents liked it growing up and they've passed it on to their kids/there's a new movie in production.

I think the two are on about equal footing with the GP. Neither is the most popular property in their respective portfolios, but the fans of each are very passionate.

I think Trolls is more primed for USF and move the Shrek IP over to the new park. You guys all severely underestimate how much people love Shrek, simply because the attraction sucks. It would be a property that hits one of their target demos in both places. Millennial's with kids. The parents liked it growing up and they've passed it on to their kids/there's a new movie in production.

I would love to see Shrek in the new park, it deserves so much more than what it has. It's also the anti Disney and if this park opens in 2021, make no mistake about it, Universal are announcing war on the mouse.

latest

Universal doesn't deal with nostalgia, but this could be the half nostalgia park unofficially.

Status
Not open for further replies.