Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 366 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Universal does decide to put two or three Nintendo properties in the new park, I wonder if they’ll just call it “Super Nintendo World” anyways. It’d make sense.

I think this is the best play right now. Nintendo is your star player, why dilute that message? Especially when the launch of IoA went so off-message. I think GP will get more excited for "Super Nintendo World" than "our third generic park with Nintendo stuff and some other stuff." As I've said before, Mario, Kong Country, Hyrule ... throw in a sci fi property and a kids land and you have a full park with on overarching theme.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I think this is the best play right now. Nintendo is your star player, why dilute that message? Especially when the launch of IoA went so off-message. I think GP will get more excited for "Super Nintendo World" than "our third generic park with Nintendo stuff and some other stuff." As I've said before, Mario, Kong Country, Hyrule ... throw in a sci fi property and a kids land and you have a full park with on overarching theme.
But if someone doesn’t care for Nintendo, they won’t go to the park. That’s why it needs to be a “third generic park that has Nintendo and some other stuff”.

People don’t want just one Brand/IP, they want options. Giving them those options is what will most likely get people to buy a 4-Park pass.

I think Trolls is more primed for USF and move the Shrek IP over to the new park. You guys all severely underestimate how much people love Shrek, simply because the attraction sucks. It would be a property that hits one of their target demos in both places. Millennial's with kids. The parents liked it growing up and they've passed it on to their kids/there's a new movie in production.

It's not very likely.... But with the recent news of a Rugrats reboot and movie, I think a Nick land could hit that same nostalgia cord even harder. SpongeBob and Rugrats could cover kids of all ages as well as parents and families that grew up on the properties before.

Maybe Universal buys Viacom with Fox off the table :lol:

Reactions: Nick and Coolbfitz
It's not very likely.... But with the recent news of a Rugrats reboot and movie, I think a Nick land could hit that same nostalgia cord even harder. SpongeBob and Rugrats could cover kids of all ages as well as parents and families that grew up on the properties before.

I feel it's best for Nickelodeon to just die at this point haha...Double Dare is back, Rugrats is coming back....They're out of ideas

SpongeBob is another no-brainer. Still going strong after all these years and offers a ton of merch and food potential

SpongeBob is another no-brainer. Still going strong after all these years and offers a ton of merch and food potential

Reptarland: CONFIRMED
I'll cry...This would be such a dream come true honestly

GadgetGuru said:
If Universal ever wanted to build their own World Showcase, I would demand a Reptarland in France. I have a strangely strong affinity for Rugrats in Paris

I remember the scratch and sniff cards you got at Burger King, there was a little symbol that appeared during the film and you smelled the card....Good times

A mini reptarland would be a hit. I think everyone who watched rugrats has a unexplained fascination with reptar :lol:

No joke, the old Nickelodeon Universe area at Kings Island (back in the days of Paramount ownership) was actually very well-executed, especially for a regional park. They had a "Runaway Reptar" family inverted coaster, along with a solid flume ride themed to the Wild Thornberries (among other attractions). Ironically, Spongebob sort of got shafted, only getting a (admittedly nice) Bikini Bottom water play area.

No joke, the old Nickelodeon Universe area at Kings Island (back in the days of Paramount ownership) was actually very well-executed, especially for a regional park. They had a "Runaway Reptar" family inverted coaster, along with a solid flume ride themed to the Wild Thornberries (among other attractions). Ironically, Spongebob sort of got shafted, only getting a (admittedly nice) Bikini Bottom water play area.

Loved this area as a kid. When it was Nickelodeon Central and not the refurbished Nickelodeon Universe. Fun fact, a lot of the giant fiberglass statues and signage are in the boneyard behind where Dinosaurs Alive was. When I worked there in 2013 I'd always go back and look around. Son of Beast trains were also there. I swiped a sign from one of them. I miss the giant Slime Geyser. Stupid Peanuts gang. I took a ton of pictures the year before they changed it to Snoopy.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtsalien

Kings Dominion faired far worse with theirs. But I still remember being super hype as a kid for the Rugrats mini car driving attraction they had :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.