Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 289 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who are in the know, humor me here:

Could it be that the reason for the double-track in the drop-track section is because there will be two different experiences? Say...like Verbolten?

Looking at the backside of the movie model near the castle grounds there's a gate house that looks very similar to the Dragon Challenge queue building.

Sets.de.Filmes.1.jpg

Good catch!

Is it possible the track will drop on one side, then come back up on the other? Basically a drop, shuffle then shoot back up?

Those who are in the know, humor me here:

Could it be that the reason for the double-track in the drop-track section is because there will be two different experiences? Say...like Verbolten?
The most likely reason for the two tracks has been explained pretty well by others already and it has to do with the length of time we spend stopped in the building. Unlike the current Intamin drop-tracks that begin activating shortly after the rear car trips the final sensor, we'll be holding for a show-scene. On Verbolten you are fully stopped for only 3-4 seconds before dropping which allows time for it to reset without hampering capacity. Potter will most likely be stopped longer which means another train will be entering the building before the first drop track has time to completely reset.

Reactions: Quint and USO92
Well in the aerial photos you can see the track splits where it enters the drop section. If one side was a drop and the other a lift the fork wouldn't be necessary.
Unless this could increase capacity and use trains to counterbalance each other's weight. Or it could be drop in one scene, come up into another magically...

All just spitballing WHY the track splits like that...

It’s two identical drop tracks. A/B switch. So one is always ready. That’s it. It’s nothing more involved than that.

Only one train will be on one of the actual drop tracks at a time, (unless there’s a problem.) But you may be entering while the train that entered in before you is just now dropping. So there’s two drop sections. This way they can dispatch more trains per hour.

It’s two identical drop tracks. A/B switch. So one is always ready. That’s it. It’s nothing more involved than that.

Only one train will be on one of the actual drop tracks at a time, (unless there’s a problem.) But you may be entering while the train that entered in before you is just now dropping. So there’s two drop sections. This way they can dispatch more trains per hour.
I like how Universal is committed to lower waiting times whenever they can. Some parks build great rides but forget about the fact many customers will want to ride it. If they wouldn't spent the money no one would have known the line could go much faster. I tip my hat to that.

It’s a very clever way to improve capacity from a system that has always been a huge bottleneck. One that will probably be easily overlooked by the public.

I’m intrigued about the idea of each side being different but given how plot heavy this could be, I can’t see it. It would add an extra element for re rides.

Reactions: Alicia
I like how Universal is committed to lower waiting times whenever they can. Some parks build great rides but forget about the fact many customers will want to ride it. If they wouldn't spent the money no one would have known the line could go much faster. I tip my hat to that.
Agreed. Even when they build insanely complex ride systems like Forbidden Journey and Gringotts they manage to pull off insane hourly capacity numbers.

That said, I wonder how many awesome ride concepts have been dropped due to their insatiable quest for efficiency and riders per hour. I believe that is was killed the Iron Man attraction.

By the way... I did a quick calculation and Forbidden Journey alone cranks about as many riders per hour as BOTH Pandora attractions. That's pretty remarkable especially when you consider how intimate an experience FJ is with only 4 riders per bench. That ride is truly a marvel.

Agreed. Even when they build insanely complex ride systems like Forbidden Journey and Gringotts they manage to pull off insane hourly capacity numbers.

That said, I wonder how many awesome ride concepts have been dropped due to their insatiable quest for efficiency and riders per hour. I believe that is was killed the Iron Man attraction.

By the way... I did a quick calculation and Forbidden Journey alone cranks about as many riders per hour as BOTH Pandora attractions. That's pretty remarkable especially when you consider how intimate an experience FJ is with only 4 riders per bench. That ride is truly a marvel.
Thought it was more of a design issue for Iron Legion,

Thought it was more of a design issue for Iron Legion,
Maybe you're right and I'm remember wrong but for some reason I thought the design issue would have made it impossible for them to hit their minimum THRC effectively making the ride system untenable in their eyes. I believe there were also issues with the original design of the Mario Kart ride which made them delay construction at USJ for a while.

Maybe you're right and I'm remember wrong but for some reason I thought the design issue would have made it impossible for them to hit their minimum THRC effectively making the ride system untenable in their eyes. I believe there were also issues with the original design of the Mario Kart ride which made them delay construction at USJ for a while.
Believe Disneyhead said it was more of a how to suspend the vehicle issue.

Maybe the split drop track have different scenes and alternate for re-rideability? Maybe in one scene it's Voldemort the other being Aragog, same outcome but different characters.

Capacity.... But also redundancy. Huge risk if the drop went down and you only had one. So you get higher hourly capacity, but you can also run with only one.

Is it possible the track will drop on one side, then come back up on the other? Basically a drop, shuffle then shoot back up?

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.