Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

In all seriousness, how much does a building like that cost? I understand hurricane regulations play a part but it is basically a metal shell, right?
As far as I know you have to worry about soundproofing, hurrican codes, catwalks....All the shenanigans that go into a building...It's not cheap that's for sure

Has anyone compared or know the size comparison of this ride building to the RR ride building?

Rock n Roller coaster?

Edit: If that's what you mean, the gravity building is about an acre for RnRC. It's hard to get an accurate idea of scale for GOTG but could be any where from 3 to 6 acres. It's a monster.

Looking at the recent aerials, I didn't realise that it's directly behind the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Last edited:
It's hard to get an accurate idea of scale for GOTG but could be any where from 3 to 6 acres. It's a monster.
Looking at the recent aerials, I didn't realise that it's directly behind the Wonders of Life pavilion.

Yes, they have reconfigured that entire area completely, removing drainage canals and modifying the backstage road. As ever, I read your post and then went back and forth with one of the map acreage utilities. I think this is coming in at 3 acres at the most, which is epic in size. They will be able to put on quite a show in that thing.

(The mummy building is a 1.5 acre footprint at most)

Yes, they have reconfigured that entire area completely, removing drainage canals and modifying the backstage road. As ever, I read your post and then went back and forth with one of the map acreage utilities. I think this is coming in at 3 acres at the most, which is epic in size. They will be able to put on quite a show in that thing.

Even at 3 acres, it's huge and that's not taking into account the height. Mummy is about 65ft tall max, this could be up to double that.

I would have thought that they first build the coaster and then the building around it.
I had thought they would too, but let's also remember that with Escape from Gringotts they built the building first and then assembled the coaster after. If this is an Intamin project, it would make sense. Although wasn't it already said that this is a Vekoma?

I work for a satellite imaging company and looking at our most recent shots, the footprint for GOTG is ~1.73 acres while the footprint for Rock 'n' Rollercoaster is ~0.83 acres. So essentially GOTG is twice as large as RnR.

Last edited:
None of the photos showed it clearly but I never saw footers being dug/poured. Is it already done?
Pretty sure not.

What the article about was mostly the track and how it is currently being shipped from the Netherlands to Tampa for WDI to pick up and bring back to WDW. This means it's probably several months until track starts to go in as the track will need to be brought to a lay down yard and before it can even go in, they need to install supports, etc. By this time, the building will probably be fully enclosed and we won't be able to see any of it.