Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They removed TWD's beautiful façade with the crashed helicopter :( I enjoy year round mazes but I think its time to just clear out the rest of the street for more attraction space. The entrance was the best part of the maze experience (IMO).

I think its time to just clear out the rest of the street for more attraction space.
While that sounds good in theory, TWD attraction is part of the NEW building that houses Starbucks/Studio Store... so it isn't a simple "just rip it out!"...

Honestly, IF TWD attraction had more than just one more year of life left in it... Instead of removing the helicopter entirely, they could've chopped off the tail (that invaded the Globe Theatre space) as if it was ripped off during the crash & used that tail piece as "crashed scenic debris" within the area. Unfortunately USH doesn't think things through before doing these kinds of things.

Unfortunately USH doesn't think things through before doing these kinds of things.

The Pets facade is likely going to be styled after the New York City skyline. Maybe they didn't want the image of a crashed aircraft up against an NYC skyscraper. Or maybe it'll only be gone during construction and they removed it to give the most amount of room for the workers or to ensure it wouldn't be damaged during the construction. Just because they didn't go with your specific idea doesn't mean that they didn't think things through. It is entirely possible that they're taking other things into consideration and they came to a different conclusion.

Of course you'd reference 9/11 :deadhorse:

Or maybe it'll only be gone during construction and they removed it to give the most amount of room for the workers or to ensure it wouldn't be damaged during the construction. It is entirely possible that they're taking other things into consideration and they came to a different conclusion.
Highly unlikely. You give USH too much credit (this is the same park trying to be Orlando when it can't handle large crowds due to its much smaller midways). The new building will be at least 2 stories rather than the previous shorter forced-perspective facade. There will be no room for the complete helicopter once the new building goes up because it will use all available space. Besides, TWD attraction has less time left in the park than Mummy does on the Lower Lot. Helicopter is gone. We'll probably see it used as an HHN prop at some point.

Of course you'd reference 9/11
In the last year, Universal has changed at least three things based on cultural changes or current events. They changed the dialogue in the Fast and Furious preshow, WaterWorld, and Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure. They care about that sort of stuff for some reason.

I can highly imagine that this will become a New York facade but also be a very cartoonish version of New York.

I wonder if they'll do any re-theming with the Minion Houses to try and blend it with the Pets facade. Or if they do it the other way, and have that part of the Pets building fade into suburbs or something.

I wonder if they'll do any re-theming with the Minion Houses to try and blend it with the Pets facade. Or if they do it the other way, and have that part of the Pets building fade into suburbs or something.

I don’t know if they would necessarily need to. If that area of the park is to eventually become Illumjnation Land, none of the ride facades need to match each other except for being somewhat cartoony looking.

How in the world did we get from discussing about a family ride to 9/11?
Speculation about the crashed helicopter being removed next door as possibly related to being next to a future NY facade. Although, it’s likely just for safety’s sake during demolition/clearing and construction. Strangely, it was actually on topic.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
What's that huge blue building in the background?
As Brian mentioned, it's their rendition of DMMM.

I am interested to know how cramped Baker Street now is, because that seems a bit close. I'm actually surprised that the truck used for Sebastian hasn't left yet, as it would've made sense to remove that bit of the area with him now gone..

EDIT; Here's an additional one from RyanTheme Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.