Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So Mike is in the UK just now doing HHN media sessions, London and Glasgow, they also had Sam (trick r treat)
Looks like the entire event was showcased but I imagine embargoed until universal Say to release it, might be a chance of some leaks from this?

Reactions: Thiago
Anyone insider peeps know the dimensions of the sprung tents? I've got the blueprint images that are floating around the web but none seem to have measurements. I did the google earth measuring thing but it's not very accurate and the view is not perfectly aligned over the tents.

So since Meteor seems like to be an original take on Annihilation & The Thing are there any chance we see animal-animal hybrids like the Crocoshark(the Human-Bear would be badass too)? That house seems like it has the most potential

So since Meteor seems like to be an original take on Annihilation & The Thing are there any chance we see animal-animal hybrids like the Crocoshark(the Human-Bear would be badass too)? That house seems like it has the most potential

i hope meteor will have incredible animatronics like american werewolf in london.
upload_2018-7-24_22-0-59.gif

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned this house will feature an unappreciated sort of scare.

I didn't mention it'll be featured almost exclusively.

But if they actually do go through with the plan to have only one light source, then wouldn't really nice animatronics be wasted?

To follow up on this, are most of the scenes set outdoors in the house? If there’s interior scenes with ceilings it’ll be pitch black

View attachment 7304

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned this house will feature an unappreciated sort of scare.

I didn't mention it'll be featured almost exclusively.

Unappreciated sort of scare, for a house with the moon being the only light scource...no strobe lights when the scaractors pop out? (Allowing them to hide in the darkness and shadows for a harder hitting scare.)

Wait so it will primarily feature an "unappreciated scare" ? I can't remember what that was though. Was it the scene scares ala The Fallen? Very dependent on timing.
Think it was. Shame if that’s the case because then the house becomes very hit and miss as to whether you have a good experience or not.

Maybe they should pulse the crowds if the scares are time dependent? Appreciate this means longer lines, but much rather wait a bit longer than have no/few scares

Wait so it will primarily feature an "unappreciated scare" ? I can't remember what that was though. Was it the scene scares ala The Fallen? Very dependent on timing.

Think it was. Shame if that’s the case because then the house becomes very hit and miss as to whether you have a good experience or not.

Maybe they should pulse the crowds if the scares are time dependent? Appreciate this means longer lines, but much rather wait a bit longer than have no/few scares
No. When those work they're extremely appreciated.

This type of scare makes perfect sense within the context of the house. And when I'm referring to a scare "type" I'm referring to how a single performer behaves within the scene.

Some scare types:
Statue
Overhead
Stalking
Distraction
Charge

Some scare types:
Statue
Overhead
Stalking
Distraction
Charge

I'd like to believe we'll see more Stalking scares, especially because they are very underutilized at HHN. I'm not sure, however, how well these work with the conga line format; they kind of need a bit of time and flexibility to work right.

The Overhead scare also almost always gets me (I jumped up after a scare in CitW and then one of the Buckners came down from overhead and I tried to literally redirect my mass midair to avoid it and ended up SLAMMING down to the ground) and these could work if there were a lot of hanging vines/etc in the path. Only problem is, it's pretty directional, so it loses its effectiveness if you are conditioned for the scares to come from above.

Or of course it could be a scare type that isn't named here yet