Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will Disney replace Muppet-Vision 3-D?

I think at some point over the next 10 years, it's going to have to go. It looked dated 15 years ago and it's kind of in an awkward place now.

Having said that, I think it's safe for the next 5 years as DHS needs all the help it can get to handle the extra crowds that Star Wars will bring in.

Unless Disney decide to fast track a large SW:GE expansion then you can wave goodbye to that whole area.

It's not a very big one, its near where the exit to TSL is, I mean it isn't that likely to happen but the whole Muppets area is right next to GE so if they wanted to expand it could go there.

It's not a very big one, its near where the exit to TSL is, I mean it isn't that likely to happen but the whole Muppets area is right next to GE so if they wanted to expand it could go there.
The expansion pad in the land is actually quite large. Large enough to build another ride the size of Millennium Falcon.

MuppetVision area will never be used for SWGE.

It's clear Disney has no clue how to use this amazing ip. I love the Muppet's but hate everything Disney did with it after they bought it. I'm sure they snuff it as soon as they feel to invest again in DS.

The day they get rid of that area is the day I give up on this park. I don't even recognize it anymore. How can they bulldoze Mama Melrose, the only decent sit down restaurant in the park?

Since a new show is coming to Disney plus what will be the muppets future at DHS? Will they get a new ride, show, or restaurant?

Since a new show is coming to Disney plus what will be the muppets future at DHS? Will they get a new ride, show, or restaurant?

It’s long overdue for a redo but I don’t think Star Tours is long for this world and being next to each other, it’s a sizeable chink of land to do something great with.

I think Star Tours is here at least through the 50th.

DHS needs every ride it can to cope with the overflow from Star Wars.

I still think Star Tours will be the first thing on the chopping block unless they start a project on the opposite side of the park between RnRC and Toy Story.

I still think Star Tours will be the first thing on the chopping block unless they start a project on the opposite side of the park between RnRC and Toy Story.
I think it would be smart to have a new land opening (like one for Indy...) and then close Star Tours for a retheme or whatever they end up doing.

I think it would be smart to have a new land opening (like one for Indy...) and then close Star Tours for a retheme or whatever they end up doing.

The next major project in DHS should be something that adds to the overall attraction count, not something that's just a one-for-one swap-out.

The next major project in DHS should be something that adds to the overall attraction count, not something that's just a one-for-one swap-out.
An Indy land certainly wouldn’t be a one-for-one as IJSS daily capacity is extremely low.

An Indy land certainly wouldn’t be a one-for-one as IJSS daily capacity is extremely low.

Operationally, sure. But ideally, I'd like more things to experience than the same amount of things to experience. I would hope an Indy land would involve more than just a singular ride.

I mean, this is DHS we’re talking about.

I'm not saying Disney will add to the ride count. I'm saying they should!

Operationally, sure. But ideally, I'd like more things to experience than the same amount of things to experience. I would hope an Indy land would involve more than just a singular ride.

I'm not saying Disney will add to the ride count. I'm saying they should!
I would hope so too. Most rumors I’ve heard have any potential land at multiple rides, but you know how Disney is.