Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek 4-D Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nintendo will anchor the other resort like Harry Potter . No worries

How does that equal to the future of Shrek 4-D, an attraction based off an IP that has no connection to Nintendo? :eek:O:

__

To say this, I imagine they are looking to Shrek 4-D as a have-to for now. And that, it'll eventually go; but they are more prioritized at UOSouth and the final few projects for the immediate on Northern property (Finish Adventura/Dock/Surf, the Jurassic project, Bourne, and whatever else is requiring the new set's of chillers next to the new Parade Building).

At-least...that's how I'm seeing this.

Reactions: SpatulaShack
Plans (whatever they are currently) have not been abandoned, just perpetually put on hold, year after year.

Since they added that 10th house for HHN so late this year, I wonder if there was even plans to close it this fall. Not now though. Shrek 4D will outlive us all.
I like HHN and all, but if it keeps delaying the closing of Shrek, I may be forced to buy one less mug this year

This statement saddens me. I know everyone is excited about the new park but the supposedly accelerated schedule for the Lockheed land has really done a number on the short term future of the existing parks. I really hope Universal doesn't pull a Disney circa early 2000s and let their older parks stagnate. I'd actually rather have 2 parks with frequent additions like we've had than a mega resort with sporadic additions that are spread too thin across 3 parks and 2 water parks. If attraction spending remains the same but they just spread it out over a larger collection of gates that will be disappointing.

Well, Universal doesn't have to worry about some overseas blunder draining them financially...Also, Michael Eisner is not in charge

There’s no way Universal would put another screen-heavy attraction in USF anytime soon.

I’ll guarantee that Dreamworks Theater comes to Park 3. It’s a great filler attraction and it’ll be dirt cheap to build.

Every new park needs solid B and C tickets.

I still like the villiancon rumor and it keeps the Hollywood and Orlando Parks with different draws. Would like a SLOP attraction coming but maybe make it a different experience and place it in a different park as keep the original “Studios” Parks changing to have their own identities.

Reactions: shiekra38
Shrek can be SLoP...rename Production Central to Illumination Avenue

And don’t forget to retheme HRRR to “Mr. Moon’s Incredicoaster”

Had Uni known that Nintendo to Kidzone was going to be cut, I believe they would have had SLoP fasttracked and started construction in 2016 for 2018 opening. And we may have even gotten F&F in the projected late 2017 original timeframe.

Now they’re hamstrung. They can’t close Kidzone and Shrek without removing every kid attraction they have outside of DM. They need to pick one and get a move on it.

MoM, KZ or Shrek. Let’s pick one and start it already. We’re a year overdue now.