Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 293 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor is it will house other services for park operations in addition to coaster bays. That could explain its gargantuan size, probably.

I also figured that, if the coasters short, that they will have multiple trains and thus each train may have its own bay. I think that Maverick has six individual trains and this coaster will be probably be the same.

Reactions: Alicia
Posted a big photo update from pics I took yesterday:

Harry Potter Coaster Construction Update at Islands of Adventure – Track Layout Nearly Complete – Orlando ParkStop

Here's a few fun ones:

P1150697.jpg

P1150705.jpg

P1150719.jpg

P1150726.jpg

P1150722.jpg

P1150751.jpg

P1150738.jpg

P1150715.jpg

P1150725.jpg

P1150721.jpg

P1150728.jpg

The drive tires for launches, show scenes, and other ride vehicle propulsion. Just like a car, they need to be replaced after a certain period of time.

Could be wrong but it seems like there aren't as many drive tires on this ride but it is definitely something that they have to work on. Also, I wonder if they are going to have on-ride audio and those need repaired.

The drive tires for launches, show scenes, and other ride vehicle propulsion. Just like a car, they need to be replaced after a certain period of time.
I'm guessing this new coaster will not use as many tires. Maybe inside the of the hut (first inside scene) and maybe in a couple other spots here and there, but for the most part it's all looking like LSM, right?

I'm guessing this new coaster will not use as many tires. Maybe inside the of the hut (first inside scene) and maybe in a couple other spots here and there, but for the most part it's all looking like LSM, right?

Have you (or anyone for that matter) heard if there will be on-ride audio? Coasters are tough to hear on-ride audio sometimes but they add to the experience.

Have you (or anyone for that matter) heard if there will be on-ride audio? Coasters are tough to hear on-ride audio sometimes but they add to the experience.
No clue. But it's Potter, so, probably? :shrug:

If you consider this the more grown-up version of Flight of the Hippogriff, then you don't really need on-board sound. On that ride Hagrid talks to you at load and during the lift hill as you bow to the Hippogriff, and then it's fast fun coaster time. No sound needed other than your own screams of glee. Maybe this will be similar to that?

The scenes on this ride that require sound (Flying car driving, Hagrid in the hut, fluffy barking, whatever's at the spike, devil's snare, etc) all happen during slow downs, and for the most part, inside of structures of some sort. They all make sense with proximity sound too, like sound seemingly coming from a specific source.

If there was sound on-board, I would guess it would be for music, which is an important element of the Potter films, so I can see it being used. But, I would not say it is necessary on a fast coaster. So, I can see pros and cons to including it on the ride.

In other words, :shrug:

No clue. But it's Potter, so, probably? :shrug:

If you consider this the more grown-up version of Flight of the Hippogriff, then you don't really need on-board sound. On that ride Hagrid talks to you at load and during the lift hill as you bow to the Hippogriff, and then it's fast fun coaster time. No sound needed other than your own screams of glee. Maybe this will be similar to that?

The scenes on this ride that require sound (Flying car driving, Hagrid in the hut, fluffy barking, whatever's at the spike, devil's snare, etc) all happen during slow downs, and for the most part, inside of structures of some sort. They all make sense with proximity sound too, like sound seemingly coming from a specific source.

If there was sound on-board, I would guess it would be for music, which is an important element of the Potter films, so I can see it being used. But, I would not say it is necessary on a fast coaster. So, I can see pros and cons to including it on the ride.

In other words, :shrug:

Great points. I’d love on-board audio for some music (especially as we pull in and out of load/unload).
But you’re right, having external speakers to have directional audio would be more realistic.

Great points. I’d love on-board audio for some music (especially as we pull in and out of load/unload).
But you’re right, having external speakers to have directional audio would be more realistic.
Many Universal rides incorporate both, so that you get a more 3D sound experience. The environments have their own soundscapes while important dialog and music plays on board. This works well on indoor rides, but may not translate as well outside.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
Why is there a separate building for new tires? Wouldn’t new tires for mummy be sent to and replaced in the mummy building etc?

It's a mix of the high profile and cost associated with Potter, along with the poor life of the system at Gringotts. Also to be clear it's not a separate building, really. Just a part of the large maintenance building.

Status
Not open for further replies.