Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there a separate building for new tires? Wouldn’t new tires for mummy be sent to and replaced in the mummy building etc?
Rather than purchase duplicate mounting/demounting equipment maybe they have the equipment in a central location and bring the tires to the machine?

Many Universal rides incorporate both, so that you get a more 3D sound experience. The environments have their own soundscapes while important dialog and music plays on board. This works well on indoor rides, but may not translate as well outside.

Right, I know Kong does this for sure- and it certainly adds to the experience. I would think, if slow enough, it would work fine. Because when going fast, on-board audio isn't that noticeable anyway (see: Hulk)

It strikes me as funny that the maintenance bay is almost as large as the queue and load area combined. I have no idea why that's funny, though.
That building will house the break space for a lot of the TM's plus it will be the green room for all the performers. There used to be trailers on that spot. From what I heard they have to break over by Suess and get bussed over.

That building will house the break space for a lot of the TM's plus it will be the green room for all the performers. There used to be trailers on that spot. From what I heard they have to break over by Suess and get bussed over.
This is what I've heard as well. Breakrooms, dressing rooms for entertainment, training, storage, etc.

Right, I know Kong does this for sure- and it certainly adds to the experience. I would think, if slow enough, it would work fine. Because when going fast, on-board audio isn't that noticeable anyway (see: Hulk)

That was one of my concerns but wasn't sure. On the formerly named "California Screamin" and "Rip Ride Rockit", the audio is quite clear. On Hulk, I can't hear it at all. It's a B&M with that traditional roar and I can't even hear myself yell. Plus, the slowdown sections could easily be augmented with speakers surrounding the coaster to create a deeper immersion.

That was one of my concerns but wasn't sure. On the formerly named "California Screamin" and "Rip Ride Rockit", the audio is quite clear. On Hulk, I can't hear it at all. It's a B&M with that traditional roar and I can't even hear myself yell. Plus, the slowdown sections could easily be augmented with speakers surrounding the coaster to create a deeper immersion.
Last time I rode Hulk it was much better. I think they've already upgraded the onboard speakers since the new version opened. But it's still not really audible for the first few coaster moves out of the launch... (mainly due to people screaming of course.)

I think the location is what makes it difficult to hear. RnRC and RockIt have it by the head so you can actually hear it. Maybe B&M did not allow for speakers in the head rest?
Bizarro at Six Flags Great Adventure had speakers next to the headrests, but that may just have been due to the lack of anywhere else to put them.

P1150715.jpg

P1150725.jpg
Great photo's Alicia, thanks!

In these pics there is black cloth on the bottom of the small buildings. What is it's purpose?

Great photo's Alicia, thanks!

In these pics there is black cloth on the bottom of the small buildings. What is it's purpose?
Thanks! And not sure, maybe someone else can say for sure, but looks like weather-proofing of some sort before whatever coat or siding goes on next?

Maybe it's the level the dirt will get?
I don’t believe that is cloth but a black water sealant that is rolled on. It is common in basements in other parts of the country where earth will be piled against it.
This makes perfect sense, as I think everything we see on the site will end up being closer to the ground level after the track is done. Like that round building will be probably buried up to the track level pretty much, so it makes sense that the little building will be as well.

Bizarro at Six Flags Great Adventure had speakers next to the headrests, but that may just have been due to the lack of anywhere else to put them.

I’m pretty sure the audio system was retrofitted to the trains they already had, and they just welded them on to the already existing frame. Putting them under the seats would have required replacing the shells that surround the chassis.

And just wanted to note: the audio was wildly unsuccessful on Bizarro, too. B&M has pretty reliable execution ... except when it comes to on-board audio. If audio is involved with HP, having a different manufacturer inspires a bit more confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.