Harmonious | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Harmonious

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes. It's certainly time for something fresh... but not something dumbed down for kids to more easily consume, which I'm almost certain is what the eventual new show is going to be: not a celebration of real culture, but a celebration of fictional characters.

If that's what it ends up being, hard pass from me.
Well we saw that Disney is still willing to create a show without any IPs attached (Rivers of Light), but it receiving mixed reactions has me worried about if they would be willing to risk creating another show without IP. Of course, DAK can't really use pyro much whereas Epcot goes crazy with it so that does make a difference in one aspect.

But the more important aspect is storytelling. Rivers of light has very poor story-telling with a muddled plot and one of the worst climactic sequences i've ever seen in a nighttime show. And then it just ends.

Right, I think the Rivers of Light reception may have tipped the balance of the new Illuminations towards that awful Chapek "more Disney" thing.

Right, I think the Rivers of Light reception may have tipped the balance of the new Illuminations towards that awful Chapek "more Disney" thing.

RoL was done by Rhode's team, this is being done by the team behind WoC, TDS' Fantasmic, the recent fireworks shows, etc.

RoL was done by Rhode's team, this is being done by the team behind WoC, TDS' Fantasmic, the recent fireworks shows, etc.
RG0BS1U.gif

Common theme: those shows heavily involve Disney properties.

If you like the current show see it while you can. Apparently the new show has been moved up in the timeline and RoE could be gone before the end of the summer.

Rumors from Martin and others right now are that the current show may end in Late Summer/Early Fall and in order to incentivize people to stay late, there would be a temporary show that would run in the time that Reflections of Earth ends and Windows to the World begins.

I thought it was being reported that the new Illuminations was being worked on by the same people who designed Rivers of Light?

If you like the current show see it while you can. Apparently the new show has been moved up in the timeline and RoE could be gone before the end of the summer.

Rumors from Martin and others right now are that the current show may end in Late Summer/Early Fall and in order to incentivize people to stay late, there would be a temporary show that would run in the time that Reflections of Earth ends and Windows to the World begins.

This is interesting as the transition from Illuminations 25 to RoE was done very very quickly, with most of it happening after hours.

This is interesting as the transition from Illuminations 25 to RoE was done very very quickly, with most of it happening after hours.
This new isn’t just a change over though. There’s a lot of completely new facets, infrastructure and technology that will be used for this show from what I gather.

Reactions: Disneyhead
This new isn’t just a change over though. There’s a lot of completely new facets, infrastructure and technology that will be used for this show from what I gather.

We'll see, but how much of it would impact RoE running while new equipment is being installed? They upgraded the sound system, installed new torches, new lighting, new lasers, and installed the earth globe guidance system while 25 was running.

Anyway, interesting to see what's going on.

We'll see, but how much of it would impact RoE running while new equipment is being installed? They upgraded the sound system, installed new torches, new lighting, new lasers, and installed the earth globe guidance system while 25 was running.

Anyway, interesting to see what's going on.
Supposedly if it happens on this expedited scheduled, it’s dependent on things that happen in the coming month. No one will say what (lots of beating around the bush), but it could be changes like what you mentioned happened last time.

Either way, I think the new show *could* be ready for the holidays.

Supposedly if it happens on this expedited scheduled, it’s dependent on things that happen in the coming month. No one will say what (lots of beating around the bush), but it could be changes like what you mentioned happened last time.

Either way, I think the new show *could* be ready for the holidays.

That'd be an impressive timeline for sure.

That'd be an impressive timeline for sure.
Let’s be clear this isn’t something that has been said (although hinted at).

However, the reason I see it as a possibility mostly is because I can’t see Disney handling the week from Christmas to NYE with a temporary show instead of a grand spectacle to end the night.

I saw Illuminations for what I assumed was the last time a couple of nights ago, and I say good riddance. It may have been good back when it debuted, but it needed more pyro during that lull when all the images were on the globe, which were hard to see unless you were on either the North or South side of the lagoon. Bring on the replacement!

I saw Illuminations for what I assumed was the last time a couple of nights ago, and I say good riddance. It may have been good back when it debuted, but it needed more pyro during that lull when all the images were on the globe, which were hard to see unless you were on either the North or South side of the lagoon. Bring on the replacement!
:ban:

New show will most likely have less pyro than the current iteration.

Reactions: tielo
:lol: I realize that my post probably wasn't going to be popular. And that's all right.

That's what everyone said was going to happen with the Wishes/Happily Ever After switch, and ultimately didn't.
Heh, for what it's worth, I agree with you. I've always thought the show was over rated. It's nearly impossible to see what's on the globe, unless you have a 'perfect' viewing spot. And I just don't get why people think the show is so great. Probably because it has lots of fireworks, and many people go crazy over fireworks. I've seen so many over the years that they really have no substantial effect on me. Anyway, I've always enjoyed the MK shows and Fantasmic at DHS. They are, by far my favorite Orlando night shows. In fact, if I'm in Epcot in the evening, I rarely ever stop to watch Illuminations any more. That was kind of a one, or two, and done show in my heretical opinion.....Now, I'll be ducking to avoid the rotten tomatoes the Illumination Show faithful will be throwing at me for suggesting it's not all that. :lol: