Disney Springs Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
giphy.gif

DS is about to get "Flavortowned", y'all.

Well technically he's already been there at Planet Hollywood.

Supposedly this location is meant to be the launch of a national franchise. I don’t see them having success outside of touristy places with all the QS chicken places in the market already (KFC, PDQ, Chick-fil-A, Popeye’s, Bojangles, etc).

Supposedly this location is meant to be the launch of a national franchise. I don’t see them having success outside of touristy places with all the QS chicken places in the market already (KFC, PDQ, Chick-fil-A, Popeye’s, Bojangles, etc).
Surely that venture can only end well.

*cough*Whopper Bar*cough*

Has a "celebrity chef" ever tried a large-scale quick-serve concept? Wolfgang Puck had the two in DTD but the one felt like an offshoot of the real restaurant, and both were pricier than the typical market. If anybody can do it, it's probably Fieri, just because of his persona. That incredibly overpriced Tom+Chee stays open primarily because it was on Shark Tank or whatever, so never underestimate the power of TV.

That said, any QSR is going to have a line in Disney Springs. It's a mall without a food court. Could open three McDonalds there and none would hurt for business.

I assume an order of chicken tenders is $7.99, without fries. But given that Earl is up to $11 for a sub/chips/drink with an AP discount, I think this place will do gangbusters. Even if it didn't have the Guy Fieri flare.