Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 271 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Universal were smart, they'd focus the third gate entirely on Nintendo. They have to know now that DreamWorks isn't the big deal that it used to be, nor is Secret Life of Pets.

If Universal were smart, they'd focus the third gate entirely on Nintendo. They have to know now that DreamWorks isn't the big deal that it used to be, nor is Secret Life of Pets.
IMO doing just Nintendo is a terrible idea. It limits the audience where Dreamworks is still a big deal and produces many known characters to children. Kids love Trolls, Dragons, Panda, and Shrek.

IMO doing just Nintendo is a terrible idea. It limits the audience where Dreamworks is still a big deal and produces many known characters to children. Kids love Trolls, Dragons, Panda, and Shrek.

DreamWorks was a flash in the pan. It's not what it used to be, nor will it ever be again. Nintendo has distinct lands that people want to visit; no one wants to visit... Troll land?

Reactions: Nico
DreamWorks was a flash in the pan. It's not what it used to be, nor will it ever be again. Nintendo has distinct lands that people want to visit; no one wants to visit... Troll land?
Regarding Dreamworks, if Nintendo and Wizarding World are already in the park, the the other lands have to be the world’s most relevant IPs? I think kids will be drawb in by Nintendo, if they like Dreamworks, even better, and if not then the quality of the rides alone should be enough to draw people in, as with Pandora.

I definitely agree with you though about not wanting a Trolls land. Besides merchandising, Trolls seems like such a small influence compared to Shrek, Madagascar, KFP, and Dragons.

Reactions: Magic-Man

How to Train Your Dragon 3 come out next year, has always been a huge hit at the box office.

Shrek, DreamWorks biggest IP, is getting a reboot next year.

Kung Fu Panda is a decently big IP.

Madagascar made a ton of money at the box office before, will probably get a sequel.

Trolls sells a ton of merchandise.

Secret Life of Pets made a ton of money at the box office, is one of Universal’s highest grossing movies of all time, and is getting a sequel.

Mind explaining why these are just “A flash in the pan”? :eek:O:

I just feel as though Nintendo as a cohesive theme would be easier and also more exciting.

We already have DreamWorks in the existing parks and the Fantastic Beasts film are hardly big enough to carry another HP land.

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to see properties that we've never seen in theme parks before?

How to Train Your Dragon 3 come out next year, has always been a huge hit at the box office.

Shrek, DreamWorks biggest IP, is getting a reboot next year.

Kung Fu Panda is a decently big IP.

Madagascar made a ton of money at the box office before, will probably get a sequel.

Trolls sells a ton of merchandise.

Secret Life of Pets made a ton of money at the box office, is one of Universal’s highest grossing movies of all time, and is getting a sequel.

Mind explaining why these are just “A flash in the pan”? :eek:O:

No one's going to be losing their minds over a... Secret Life of Pets area.

Shrek is forgotten.

HTTYD3 will underperform next year.

No one cares about Dreamworks other franchises.

Allow me to be one who says, that it shouldn't have to be just on one audience. Variety is sometimes needed, to get people from being alienated.

Dragons and Trolls in particular; would be large, as the HTTyD series has been a critical darling with a somewhat large audience. And Trolls..prints money. Even if we weren't talking about the DWA film, it's still a huge IP because of it's marketability.

Nintendo would be big, but they can't just rely on one thing. They need to multi-task on what works for a theme park setting; and that having more than just Nintendo is a great thing for the future.

I just feel as though Nintendo as a cohesive theme would be easier and also more exciting.

We already have DreamWorks in the existing parks and the Fantastic Beasts film are hardly big enough to carry another HP land.

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to see properties that we've never seen in theme parks before?
No one's going to be losing their minds over a... Secret Life of Pets area.

Shrek is forgotten.

HTTYD3 will underperform next year.

No one cares about Dreamworks other franchises.
Also, people bring up LOTR when Hyrule would just be a lot easier property-wise and still excite the heck out of people.
No one likes people who double or triple post either.

Allow me to be one who says, that it shouldn't have to be just on one audience. Variety is sometimes needed, to get people from being alienated.

Dragons and Trolls in particular; would be large, as the HTTyD series has been a critical darling with a somewhat large audience. And Trolls..prints money. Even if we weren't talking about the DWA film, it's still a huge IP because of it's marketability.

Nintendo would be big, but they can't just rely on one thing. They need to multi-task on what works for a theme park setting; and that having more than just Nintendo is a great thing for the future.

No one likes people who double or triple post either.

Best of luck with a DreamWorks focused park then! I'll be... anywhere else!

I think you are confused with what I said.

I am not on the side of a DreamWorks focused park. Nor am I on the side of a Nintendo focused park.

I believe, in a park that can offer variety to everyone, with an assortment of things to see and do that'd be fun for everyone. I'll have fun with that than being somewhere alienating for the General Public.

Also, people bring up LOTR when Hyrule would just be a lot easier property-wise and still excite the heck out of people.

It’s not like we aren’t going to see Nintendo at the new park. Hell, there’s a chance that a huge portion of the park’s attractions could be Nintendo, if they choose to put both Zelda and Pokémon in.

The park won’t be DreamWorks-focused at all. DW will only be a chunk of it.

Reactions: Jamaleddine
Then what is Universal's incentive? Whatever they build would be available regionally.

That's the point, they wouldn't bother with it unless they were incredibly desperate to acquire an IP which fortunately they're not.

If this is really the case, if Universal really doesn’t go out and get any big IP’s, I can’t see them waiting to build Pokémon and Zelda. That’s a giant audience right there.

I think this would be overkill. I'm still hoping for something completely original.

I personally don't think Pokemon would be a very good idea despite what others have suggested. It just feels too niche from my point of view.

Even without knowledge of whatever that fifth land ends up being (if there is one), we can already tell that this park will have great variety in its attractions:

• DreamWorks = Kids and Families
  • Super Nintendo World = Kids, Families, Teenagers, Adults
  • Fantastic Beasts = Families, Teenagers, Adults
  • Classic Monsters = Teenagers, Adults

I think this would be overkill. I'm still hoping for something completely original.

There’s enough diversity within Nintendo to keep three lands from being overkill. Something original is possible, but doubtful.

Even without knowledge of whatever that fifth land ends up being (if there is one), we can already tell that this park will have great variety in its attractions:

• DreamWorks = Kids and Families
  • Super Nintendo World = Kids, Families, Teenagers, Adults
  • Fantastic Beasts = Families, Teenagers, Adults
  • Classic Monsters = Teenagers, Adults

There’s enough diversity within Nintendo to keep three lands from being overkill. Something original is possible, but doubtful.

I think DreamWorks will be family, not a kids area. A dedicated kids area is needed in this park.

Nintendo can be full of diversity but people will always view it as a computer game and it will turn some people off.

Status
Not open for further replies.