Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 295 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Without getting too deep into politics, it was supposed to be about benevolent racism. My favorite thing in that movie was how it played with expectations.

...was actually looking out for Chris.

Reactions: faceleg
Except the whole premise of the Purge is for the rich oligarch government to kill poor/ethnic people...can't really shave off what those movies are about, when it's the premise.
There has been very little of the rich-vs-poor text in the houses and zones. When I say controversial, I mean
LITERAL KLANSMEN HUNTING PEOPLE
. The same way they preemptively placated the Bible thumpers by writing DOG instead of GOD on a mask a couple HHNs ago.

Reactions: faceleg
They should do properties on video games: Resident Evil 2, Silent Hill, The Last Of Us, Left 4 Dead, Dino Crisis. Then again, I've never even been to a Halloween Horror Nights so I have no idea what it's like lol, I'm hoping to go this year for my first time. :)

Reactions: RyanH
So is Poison Path of the Wicked then instead of a retelling of Oz? Legacy said we’ve already seen the facade which could indicate the Witch’s castle and Mike Aiello tweeted that there’s a scene called “Splatter” which could be the Dorothy scene from ST3. If it is PotW it would make sense being low on Legacy’s anticipation list since we already know what to expect with costumes and likely scenes

They should do properties on video games: Resident Evil 2, Silent Hill, The Last Of Us, Left 4 Dead, Dino Crisis. Then again, I've never even been to a Halloween Horror Nights so I have no idea what it's like lol, I'm hoping to go this year for my first time. :)

That's actually a pretty good point. If (from what it sounds like), any Warner property is off the table for at least a few years, they're going to have to look to other sources. TV and Games are as good as any place to start.

Plus, it's been quite a few years since the last game franchise. Maybe they've learned a few things.

Reactions: RevFreako
They’ve done RE and Silent Hill. Both weren’t very good unfortunately.

Oh no! How disappointing! :( Well, maybe with time they get better and can re-visit it again! :)

That's actually a pretty good point. If (from what it sounds like), any Warner property is off the table for at least a few years, they're going to have to look to other sources. TV and Games are as good as any place to start.

Plus, it's been quite a few years since the last game franchise. Maybe they've learned a few things.

I feel like at this point, Universal really only has Warner to rely on, Disney is owning everything else that has good enough IPs for attractions. Six Flags already uses Looney Tunes, DC Comics and Hannah Barbara (not really sure on that last one) so in terms of IPs, there isn't much to use. I was hoping for a Treehouse of Horror from The Simpsons for HHN but I don't know how this whole Fox in Universal Parks is going to fly now.

If the WB Hollywood stuff goes well and expands could they pull their stuff from Universal as well? Would it be the same for Orlando since they wouldn't have a presence there? And is there truly no hope for fox properties going forward? Could deals still be made if relations soften?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Oh no! How disappointing! :( Well, maybe with time they get better and can re-visit it again! :)

I feel like at this point, Universal really only has Warner to rely on, Disney is owning everything else that has good enough IPs for attractions. Six Flags already uses Looney Tunes, DC Comics and Hannah Barbara (not really sure on that last one) so in terms of IPs, there isn't much to use. I was hoping for a Treehouse of Horror from The Simpsons for HHN but I don't know how this whole Fox in Universal Parks is going to fly now.

Treehouse was never happening anyways.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
View attachment 7346

Geesh... It'll be hard to even touch this one...

Without getting too deep into politics, it was supposed to be about benevolent racism. My favorite thing in that movie was how it played with expectations.

...was actually looking out for Chris.
Y’all are upset because I got the wrong meaning from the film, or because y’all think I believe that? I don’t actually think that African Americans are all physically superior. That was just what I got from the villains’ motivations.

I don’t think the film was about anti-black racism, I actually think it was about the pro-black racism, if y’all see what I mean.

So is Poison Path of the Wicked then instead of a retelling of Oz? Legacy said we’ve already seen the facade which could indicate the Witch’s castle and Mike Aiello tweeted that there’s a scene called “Splatter” which could be the Dorothy scene from ST3. If it is PotW it would make sense being low on Legacy’s anticipation list since we already know what to expect with costumes and likely scenes

He seems to be saying "everyone is assuming it's PotW" and that he "never said that it was PotW." A shame because I'm going to be PUMPED if it is.

And is there truly no hope for fox properties going forward?

I was actually thinking about this the other day as well.

I'm not 100% that Disney owning Fox will end up with any of their horror properties pulled from HHN.

Let's be honest, Disney is not going to make any use of many of their newly acquired horror properties in their parks (American Horror Story will not be at Not So Scary for instance). So, why wouldn't they keep licensing them out for UNI to use?

Sure, it could be viewed that they wouldn't want to give "the competition" any leverage; but, it would still be a promotional vehicle for the property. Kind of win-win if you ask me.