Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 296 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Y’all are upset because I got the wrong meaning from the film, or because y’all think I believe that? I don’t actually think that African Americans are all physically superior. That was just what I got from the villains’ motivations.

I don’t think the film was about anti-black racism, I actually think it was about the pro-black racism, if y’all see what I mean.
I'm going to ignore part of this...

I was more reacting to your interpretation that there wasn't any social commentary when the entire film is social commentary addressing various issues.

That said, I would just stop. You're digging a hole.

Sometimes, the best defense is silence.

Y’all are upset because I got the wrong meaning from the film, or because y’all think I believe that? I don’t actually think that African Americans are all physically superior. That was just what I got from the villains’ motivations.

I don’t think the film was about anti-black racism, I actually think it was about the pro-black racism, if y’all see what I mean.

There are bad takes and then there are really bad takes. Wow!

You're very young, right? 15? Maybe it went right over your head, or have not had much experience with the issues involved. I don't know. But you really need to watch again. Maybe read some articles about the film. Not reviews, actual articles about the issues raised.

I'm going to ignore part of this...

I was more reacting to your interpretation that there wasn't any social commentary when the entire film is social commentary addressing various issues.

That said, I would just stop. You're digging a hole.

Sometimes, the best defense is silence.
Hahaha what? So now we’re not talking about the meaning of films? I’m not discussing my personal beliefs, I’m trying to find the intended themes behind the film.

There are bad takes and then there are really bad takes. Wow!

You're very young, right? 15? Maybe it went right over your head, or have not had much experience with the issues involved. I don't know. But you really need to watch again. Maybe read some articles about the film. Not reviews, actual articles about the issues raised.
Dude, I’ve grown up in New Orleans. I’ve experienced racism in almost every way possible and I just didn’t see it in the deeper themes of this film, only on the surface level.

Dude, I’ve grown up in New Orleans. I’ve experienced racism in almost every way possible and I just didn’t see it in the deeper themes of this film, only on the surface level.

I think you should probably stop posting and read some articles. You really had to be not paying attention to miss what the film was going for. And this is not the kind of discussion that should be happening on the forums.

I was actually thinking about this the other day as well.

I'm not 100% that Disney owning Fox will end up with any of their horror properties pulled from HHN.

Let's be honest, Disney is not going to make any use of many of their newly acquired horror properties in their parks (American Horror Story will not be at Not So Scary for instance). So, why wouldn't they keep licensing them out for UNI to use?

Sure, it could be viewed that they wouldn't want to give "the competition" any leverage; but, it would still be a promotional vehicle for the property. Kind of win-win if you ask me.

You know, I thought the same thing.

Things I've heard recently indicate that might not be the case.

If the WB Hollywood stuff goes well and expands could they pull their stuff from Universal as well? Would it be the same for Orlando since they wouldn't have a presence there? And is there truly no hope for fox properties going forward? Could deals still be made if relations soften?

WB could just stop licensing out their horror stuff for HHN. I doubt they are trying to get into the theme park game, but the haunt game is a bit easier and less of an investment/risk by comparison

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

"Pro-black racism."

Hahaha what? So now we’re not talking about the meaning of films? I’m not discussing my personal beliefs, I’m trying to find the intended themes behind the film.
The themes behind the film have been discussed ad naseum by Jordan Peele himself. He's gone on record as saying he "set out to make a movie that exposed 'the lie' of a post-racial America, one that grew after the election of Mr. Obama." Whether you SAW those themes or not is one thing, but they are there. They are, objectively, there. THAT'S why everyone is kinda taking you to task for your take. It is an objectively incorrect take.

Jordan Peele on a Truly Terrifying Monster: Racism - The New York Times

If the WB Hollywood stuff goes well and expands could they pull their stuff from Universal as well? Would it be the same for Orlando since they wouldn't have a presence there? And is there truly no hope for fox properties going forward? Could deals still be made if relations soften?

I doubt Warner Bros. is ever going to consider making it's own theme park. They'd make a lot more money joining forces with Universal. I am sorry but that Warner Bros. World in Abu Dhabi that just opened up doesn't look very interesting in the very least.

Treehouse was never happening anyways.

When did I say that it was? It was my hopeful wishing. Relax.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
I was actually thinking about this the other day as well.

I'm not 100% that Disney owning Fox will end up with any of their horror properties pulled from HHN.

Let's be honest, Disney is not going to make any use of many of their newly acquired horror properties in their parks (American Horror Story will not be at Not So Scary for instance). So, why wouldn't they keep licensing them out for UNI to use?

Sure, it could be viewed that they wouldn't want to give "the competition" any leverage; but, it would still be a promotional vehicle for the property. Kind of win-win if you ask me.

Pretty much how I was thinking as well.

Yes? I don’t really want to get into politics but yeah, the villains believed that African Americans were physically superior and that’s why they chose them for the conscienceness transfers.
Which was a commoditization of black physicality with complete disregard for the PEOPLE they were psychologically subjugating in order to do it. The movie is about white people doing whatever they want to do to black people and believe that, in doing so, they're doing what's best for the black person. So... racism

Yes? I don’t really want to get into politics but yeah, the villains believed that African Americans were physically superior and that’s why they chose them for the conscienceness transfers.

If that's what you mean, then "pro-black racism" isnti anywhere near the phrase you wee looking for. But, as others in this thread have suggested, we're moving on.