Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

Right. But because people like the property, regular guests don’t hate Shrek 4D the way some of us do.

I think the preshow is pretty cool. Honestly, during the main show the moving seats annoy me. (Especially the nuematic tube sounds they make!)
Yeah, the preshow is cool, the actual attraction isn’t a fun experience due to the abrupt movements it makes. My neck & back hurt coming out of there.

Yeah, the preshow is cool, the actual attraction isn’t a fun experience due to the abrupt movements it makes. My neck & back hurt coming out of there.
Ask for the Stationary seating area. Much better experience.

I don’t think Alicia was talking about Shrek 4D as much Shrek the IP. People really enjoy the IP.
Well, actually the conversation started about, if you read through the other comments, the long lines for the attraction. Alicia said the lines were long, someone else said they were only running one theater now.And my various comments, taken as a whole, were that lines were still long when they were running 'both' theaters during my vacation in May. I know Alicia, through her previous comment wasn't a big fan of the ride. That was obvious. I was just adding that "I' like the ride, my opinion. Sometimes you have a habit of isolating a comment and not reading all of the other's before that. No big deal though. Just explaining. :)

Double F's are a jinx of sorts.
So are double D's. :'(
duelingdragonsentrance.jpg

(Never letting it go. ;))
No problem, valid rant...

However, ain't no one taking away my ET! A KidZone replacement will not touch the ET. We need to keep some part of the original park, and that's our Peter Pan's Flight. It ain't going nowhere!
Ehh, at least Pan has some beauty and creativity, ET just feels incredibly old and dated, and at times like a complete rip-off of Pan.
I might as well be watching it on Netflix at that point though.
I believe you actually can.

Ministry of Magic replacing Fear Factor Live seems pretty much like a done deal. The question boils down to timing and priority. With the new Potter coaster opening next year this project would seem better suited til after the new park opens. It will be at great draw back to the original park.

Ministry of Magic replacing Fear Factor Live seems pretty much like a done deal. The question boils down to timing and priority. With the new Potter coaster opening next year this project would seem better suited til after the new park opens. It will be at great draw back to the original park.

I obviously have no inside information, but if Fantastic Beasts does end up going in the new park, I have a feeling Minsitry of Magic plans may be adapted for that. I’d argue the only recognizable set from the first film is the US Ministry. It is shown again in the trailer for the sequel with Grindewald being dragged in. Maybe the courtroom ride would center around Johnny Depp’s character instead of anyone from the original 8.

Even if we're waiting on this attraction being replaced by the Ministry of Magic sometime in the future (I'd guess that would open in 2020-2021? Give the new ride on the Hogsmeade side a year to shine, before announcing and then debuting MoM 1 to 1 1/2 years after the coaster opens, to spread the new hotness to both WW areas), is there any thought that they could at least change what type of show/experience is done within this theater? I have no idea what the set/experience is like in this attraction (audience participation on the grosser side of things?), but have they ever done anything else with the space or tried to retrofit something else in there? Or would that be considered an overall waste of time/money when it's only running a few months out of the year, anyway?

Even if we're waiting on this attraction being replaced by the Ministry of Magic sometime in the future (I'd guess that would open in 2020-2021? Give the new ride on the Hogsmeade side a year to shine, before announcing and then debuting MoM 1 to 1 1/2 years after the coaster opens, to spread the new hotness to both WW areas), is there any thought that they could at least change what type of show/experience is done within this theater? I have no idea what the set/experience is like in this attraction (audience participation on the grosser side of things?), but have they ever done anything else with the space or tried to retrofit something else in there? Or would that be considered an overall waste of time/money when it's only running a few months out of the year, anyway?

Well they did Bill and Ted there for HHN every year almost.

I would HIGHLY agree to that. Something that can take people's breath away, and doing something that greatly helps the park's screen/practical ratio in a way like that.

And the books have so much content that didn’t make it into the movie. I’d also like it to be set during 7 so that we can go by Umbridges office, and The trio trying to get the locket.

Ministry of Magic should be Universal's answer to Mystic Manor.

I don't want Universal's "answer" to a Disney ride that opened in 2013. I want Universal to push the boundaries of what they do themselves and the technology out there. By trying to beat Mystic Manor it may only achieve that.

As for having a large, action packed, family friendly attraction then I do agree.

I don't want Universal's "answer" to a Disney ride that opened in 2013. I want Universal to push the boundaries of what they do themselves and the technology out there. By trying to beat Mystic Manor it may only achieve that.

As for having a large, action packed, family friendly attraction then I do agree.

I'm talking about Mystic Manor in the sense of an attraction that incorporates some pretty dazzling technical gimmicks with very classic dark ride sensibilities, sets, props, physical effects, and animatronics/animated figures.

That's what I want to see from Universal.