Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then, someone post some pictures of inspirational observatories from around the world. I would like to see what the few of you are thinking of.
Planet-Hollywood-Observatory-2-600x450.jpg

Like .000001% of the people that go to this park will ever or have ever visited TDS. And MI isn’t really the hub, and there’s not many buildings. If you made it a town with that aesthetic, no one will know the difference
It's still a knockoff if they do it. Why copy? Universal can do better.

I mean...I don't think it is? Victorian era sci fi is timeless. If they built a giant erupting volcano as the hub then maybe I'd agree. But otherwise I don't see it as a knock off.
I agree it's a beautiful concept. I love it. But it's just too darn similar. Yes, hardly anyone will ever go to both parks. I've always taken that position when people complain about clones. But Universal has a chance to make this park really good and unique. Don't give the opposition an opening to say, heh, you just copied what we did in Japan.

I agree it's a beautiful concept. I love it. But it's just too darn similar. Yes, hardly anyone will ever go to both parks. I've always taken that position when people complain about clones. But Universal has a chance to make this park really good and unique. Don't give the opposition an opening to say, heh, you just copied what we did in Japan.

I guess I really just don't see it being similar at all.

It will be good whatever universal does.

I’m hopeing for two dry parks. And a water park. I like vb. But I want another universal unique water park.

Horror water park!!!! Red water! Lol . Jk please don’t ban me. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be good whatever universal does.

I’m hopeing for two dry parks. And a water park. I like vb. But I want another universal unique water park.

Horror water park!!!! Red water! Lol . Jk please don’t ban me. Lol

Please don't double post (or triple in your case).

I guess I really just don't see it being similar at all.

Plenty of places have done Victorian era sci fi and such, it's not a house style.

I still think Universal will utilize more Potter over Fantastic Beasts. There is really no logical reason for them to pick the less popular follow up over the core series.

The only buy in from me would be popular novel locations that are represented in the future Fantastic Beast novels.

But New York again? Please no.

No more Potter in the new park. I think it would be spread out too much. And fb doesn’t have the fan following Potter has . And it probably won’t ever.

So blue-sky it isn't even imaginable (plus, MtG owns Kaladesh), but I think this would be a beautiful park icon/centerpiece:

Kaladesh.jpg

Kaladesh, a plane in MtG, is done in a cleaner, organic Aetherpunk style (aether energy powers this plane--it shapes, powers, and inspires all life and creativity), and it is absolutely gorgeous (Google it--the plane and all of the set artwork is incredible). I like it much better than traditional Victorian steampunk style. MtG wanted to have a steampunk inspired plane, but they wanted a cleaner, more beautiful and vibrant style, and this is what they came up with.

Again, it will never happen, but that's what these blue sky threads are for. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.