Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 283 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised that Trolls/Shrek isn’t on there, but KFP is. Same with Zelda and Pokémon.

Also, I have a feeling that they won’t do New York again. If they do split FB into two parts, it would be Paris and wherever they choose to go in the third FB film.
I'm purposefully putting space for expansion on my concept, hence no Zelda initially. Also we don't know where the next FB game will be so I just threw in New York because... why not? (also I personally don't care for Shrek or Trolls so I went with HTTYD/KFP)

I'm purposefully putting space for expansion on my concept, hence no Zelda initially. Also we don't know where the next FB game will be so I just threw in New York because... why not? (also I personally don't care for Shrek or Trolls so I went with HTTYD/KFP)

FB movies are coming out every 2 years. The next one after this year's will be 2020.

Personally, I’d rather see Zelda over Pokémon at this point in time. And I have a feeling Universal does as well. It wouldn’t make sense to back out of the LOTR deal, only to wait four-five years to build the closest thing you have to it.

If it’s Pokémon, Mario, and Zelda, that’s fine. Otherwise, it’ll probably be Mario and Zelda.

Personally, I’d rather see Zelda over Pokémon at this point in time. And I have a feeling Universal does as well. It wouldn’t make sense to back out of the LOTR deal, only to wait four-five years to build the closest thing you have to it.

If it’s Pokémon, Mario, and Zelda, that’s fine. Otherwise, it’ll probably be Mario and Zelda.

Pokemon makes an untold number more in merch sales. The two aren't even close. If they're going to lean one way or the other, they'll lean towards Pokemon.

Pokemon makes an untold number more in merch sales. The two aren't even close. If they're going to lean one way or the other, they'll lean towards Pokemon.

Then why back out of the LOTR deal? Apparently, it was due to money and the fact that they already have a couple of similar IP’s. So, why would they wait to use those them?

Hopefully, they go with all three. That would be an easy solution.

Then why back out of the LOTR deal? Apparently, it was due to money and the fact that they already have a couple of similar IP’s. So, why would they wait to use those them?

Hopefully, they go with all three. That would be an easy solution.

I highlighted the key word. "Apparently". We don't know why LOTR isn't going to be in the new park.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I highlighted the key word. "Apparently". We don't know why LOTR isn't going to be in the new park.

That is true. But why wait to use Zelda? Or Pokémon for that matter. Have them all in the same park, with smaller IP’s used as expansion plots or mini-lands.

Three rides for Mushroom Kingdom/ Donkey Kong Country. Two rides for Hyrule. Two rides for Pokémon Safari Zone. Seven rides in total, with a possible eighth ride themed to Splatoon. That’s how I would do it.

When I'm in Diagon Alley I don't see the outside world. The streets are narrow and construction is high.
Will the new park use that smart to block high hotels, Orlando wheel and other crap around the area?

6BGjtxH.png

Working on expanding my predictions/concept to be more concrete. For reference...
- The Mushroom Kingdom/DK Island area is identical to how it would have been in KidZone.
- The Zelda area features Castle Town with a stunt show + thrilling dark ride and the Lost Woods with a maze walk-through.
- The Pokemon area features a Pokemon Snap interactive dark ride, a Pokemon Labs interactive experience, and a flat ride in the center of the area.
- The S.N.W. plaza is a hub between these three areas, featuring a variety of Nintendo series such as a Kirby spinner, an Animal Crossing Roost Cafe, a general Nintendo store, etc.

When I'm in Diagon Alley I don't see the outside world. The streets are narrow and construction is high.
Will the new park use that smart to block high hotels, Orlando wheel and other crap around the area?
Likely. And they'll likely orientate the park so that you only face the tall I-Drive construction when you're leaving. This way it doesn't ruin the illusion when you first enter.

6BGjtxH.png

Working on expanding my predictions/concept to be more concrete. For reference...
- The Mushroom Kingdom/DK Island area is identical to how it would have been in KidZone.
- The Zelda area features Castle Town with a stunt show + thrilling dark ride and the Lost Woods with a maze walk-through.
- The Pokemon area features a Pokemon Snap interactive dark ride, a Pokemon Labs interactive experience, and a flat ride in the center of the area.
- The S.N.W. plaza is a hub between these three areas, featuring a variety of Nintendo series such as a Kirby spinner, an Animal Crossing Roost Cafe, a general Nintendo store, etc.

I like it!

Anyone know of any good online drawing websites? I wanna try my own version of this, but I can’t draw it by hand.

6BGjtxH.png

Taking the wizarding world I think your expectations are a bit high and unrealistic. When it opened it had 1 darkride and a reused kiddy coaster and a dueling coaster. That is 3 rides. The new area has only 1 and they added the transportation ride (I count as an attraction). I expect Nintendo World to open on the size like Hogsmead with the rest as expansion after about 4 year trickling them out one by one to keep interest high.

Status
Not open for further replies.