Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Bourne will it come to universal orlando yes or no? This conversation mainly is being talked about super nintendo world, pokemon, Fantastic Beasts, we need to talk more about other universal properties since this is Universal Studios? Lets brainstorm more topics other than video games.

Taking the wizarding world I think your expectations are a bit high and unrealistic. When it opened it had 1 darkride and a reused kiddy coaster and a dueling coaster. That is 3 rides. The new area has only 1 and they added the transportation ride (I count as an attraction). I expect Nintendo World to open on the size like Hogsmead with the rest as expansion after about 4 year trickling them out one by one to keep interest high.

You are aware that the original SNW had three rides, right? And this will be in a new park, where they have to build a ton of rides from scratch? Not to mention that they have a ton of space to work with this time around, and the new park has to have enough to get people to come to it from the very beginning.

If we do get Pokemon and/or Zelda, no way this land opens with less than five rides. If we don't get either, no way this opens with less than four.

Jason Bourne will it come to universal orlando yes or no? This conversation mainly is being talked about super nintendo world, pokemon, Fantastic Beasts, we need to talk more about other universal properties since this is Universal Studios? Lets brainstorm more topics other than video games.

This is about the new park. Bourne is going into Universal Studios.

You are aware that the original SNW had three rides, right? And this will be in a new park, where they have to build a ton of rides from scratch? Not to mention that they have a ton of space to work with this time around, and the new park has to have enough to get people to come to it from the very beginning.

If we do get Pokemon and/or Zelda, no way this land opens with less than five rides. If we don't get either, no way this opens with less than four.
^^Pretty much this. Considering Nintendo is the huge anchor of this park, possibly featuring multiple IPs, I think it's going to have at least 5 rides minimum. Mario Kart for the state of the art new mega e-ticket experience, DKC as a fun family coaster with a unique gimmick, Yoshi as a PeopleMover-esque dark ride, Pokemon Snap as a more MIB style of normal interactive dark ride, and Zelda for a more intense dark ride experience to give the land a bit more thrill. Plus a handful of flat rides such as a Pokemon whip ride and a Kirby spinner, plus some shows and walk-through experience.s

captainmoch I like your renderings, but I don't necessarily believe everything will be so symmetrical. I don't know if I think each world will have exactly two subworlds? I could see one being alone and one having like 3 or 4 within it... idk

captainmoch I like your renderings, but I don't necessarily believe everything will be so symmetrical. I don't know if I think each world will have exactly two subworlds? I could see one being alone and one having like 3 or 4 within it... idk
It's just a very basic concept so far, I'm not convinced about that either. I'm going to work on full SNW-style renders of the DreamWorks and Holiday worlds as well. I'm thinking the DreamWorks area will be as large and diverse as SNW, whereas the Beasts and Holiday areas will be a bit simpler.

8BGgT9r.png

Alright here's my concept for a DreamWorks area; Worlds of DreamWorks. We have the central area with references to all D.W.A. properties, including a Trolls spinning train attraction and a clone of the DreamWorks Theater. Shrek has a flume water ride that boards in Far Far Away and splashes down into his swamp, as well as a clone of the Far Far Away Express kiddie coaster. How to Train Your Dragon has a live "Dragon Training" show as well as the land's most impressive e-ticket, utilizing Kuka arm technology for the first major way sense Forbidden Journey. Lastly there is the Kung Fu Panda area, featuring a Mr. Ping teacup-style flat ride and an interactive dark ride similar to Toy Story Mania.

I really feel like the HTTYD ride would be better served by something like Flight of Passage where you have a sense of the dragon as a living creature underneath you. Obviously, Universal can't outright clone that system but maybe they can do something similar.

When I think of Zelda, all I can picture is breaking clay pots.
Maybe an interactive "shooter" similar to MIB where you break pots and chase chickens.

When I think of Zelda, all I can picture is breaking clay pots.
Maybe an interactive "shooter" similar to MIB where you break pots and chase chickens.
That I would have as a minigame shop like the shooting arcade in Frontierland. Another reason why we need Castle Town as the main location with a likely addition of the Lost Woods.

All this talk of worlds...... hmmmmmm.... I think the hub/icon will be Mario’s Odyssey ;)

That would be glorious...

I've actually been thinking that, at least in regards to a Nintendo area, the hub from the game Mario + Rabbids (a hysterical, great, sometimes diabolically hard game, Switch owners--buy it if you haven't already and thank me later; first DLC is DK) would be a great way to go from the main Nintendo hub to the specific IP lands. Peach's castle is at the center (surrounded by hilarious Rabbid modifications and humor) and it works surprisingly well, even with the odd-ball Rabbids, and the transitions are simple by well done. They don't bleed into each other, either. The hub's interactivity is a nice bonus, as are the little areas that unlock, and the additional things that appear as you pass levels.

...not going to lie, though. I'm partially thinking of this specific quest/land hub because I'd sell a kidney to get a Rabbid!Peach meet and greet in the Nintendo area. C'mon, Ubisoft/Nintendo... don't let a girl down. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't think this park is going to invest as heavily in movie titles (or just movie titles, built into the more generic "lots" like at Studios) alone for this park, but especially not one-off sorts of movies/franchises that they can't build immersive themed areas around. Bourne seems to be coming to US--I can't see it being moved to the new gate. A "world" built around the Bourne films, for example, would look just like any other generic metropolis. I know New York and other large metro areas have plenty of world-famous landmarks, but they are still just cities. Rides based on franchises like that make more sense in Studios than they would in this new gate. I think that's why we're all leaning towards IPs with great, immersive worlds and backstories built in to them that Universal Creative can then turn into fully themed, completely immersive lands. Mainstream, non-genre specific movies just don't have deep worlds like that. Fantasy, sci-fi, animated, video games, holidays, etc--most of these types of IPs become franchises (successful IPs, anyway) or have built in themes that translate into highly themed park areas (Classic Monsters, as another example). I see this new gate taking the IoA model much further and deeper than they could before. Something like Bourne or Bond just doesn't fit that well in a park like that, in my mind. :shrug:

I really think the Holiday land is stupid. The holidays are limited time festivals that give the parks the chance to go all the way transforming their parks or content in shows. It's not what I want year round.

I also don't think the worlds will have one ip but a collection of mini lands with different ip's. The reason is that expansion needs to have different ip's to be able to add. You see how that goes wrong when you add Kong to JP. If the area was called a Jungle world you could add Tomb Raider, Jumanji or Tarzan without hurting the look of that world.

I really think the Holiday land is stupid. The holidays are limited time festivals that give the parks the chance to go all the way transforming their parks or content in shows. It's not what I want year round.

I also don't think the worlds will have one ip but a collection of mini lands with different ip's. The reason is that expansion needs to have different ip's to be able to add. You see how that goes wrong when you add Kong to JP. If the area was called a Jungle world you could add Tomb Raider, Jumanji or Tarzan without hurting the look of that world.

You may not want it but doesn't mean the public doesn't....why do you think Holiday World theme park exists with a year round Christmas land.
Holiday-World-Santa-Claus-Land-Sign.jpg

We’re just thinking of ideas. Some of these may not come to pass, including Holiday World. But until Universal announces the park, or we get substantial rumors, this thread will be speculation.

Collections of different worlds, yes. Different IP’s... sort of. Nintendo has multiple IP’s within the same brand. Same with Dreamworks. Fantastic Beasts will get its own area, without question. Classic Monsters and Christmas could make up a single land.

Also, that suggestion is kinda bad. Tomb Raider sucked. Jumanji is owned by Sony, so that isn’t coming, Tarzan is a Disney property (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.