T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean they CAN but I never considered that at all a possibility given what we know. Insiders have said they would be opening one major attraction and one minor attraction each year leading up to the third park. I guess the JP coaster could be considered "minor" since its rumored to be minimally themed but I doubt that.

If Kidzone replacement were actually to open in 2020 they would have to begin building pretty soon unless they just go with a collection of flat rides in which case THAT would be the minor addition.
There is the potential for Minion Land as well (in my own head anyway)...A retheme of Production Central and a new smaller dark ride in Shrek would be cool as well

It's amazing how they throw something like Cinematic or Transformers together in the blink of an eye. But then this just drags onto infinity... and beyond.

I mean, roof work? Basement work? A year after closing?

I feel it's the same reason as why F&F got delayed from it's originally announced end of 2017. They had nothing for 2018 planned and pushed it from 2017 to 2018. But with this - they have Potter in 2019.
Is it possible we don't even see this thing open until 2020 due to the fact they don't have much else on the horizon?
A potential JP/USF Show that year? Being cheap, and as @Teebin said, a potential "Rob Peter to pay Paul" situation w/ Park 4?

It's amazing how they throw something like Cinematic or Transformers together in the blink of an eye. But then this just drags onto infinity... and beyond.

I feel it's the same reason as why F&F got delayed from it's originally announced end of 2017. They had nothing for 2018 planned and pushed it from 2017 to 2018. But with this - they have Potter in 2019. Is it possible we don't even see this thing open until 2020 due to the fact they don't have much on the horizon?

Nah, it'll open next year. They've been blocking the show for months. I think it's just that, realistically, there's just not much real "work" to be done. It's not much of a drastic change for the venue, allegedly.

Nah, it'll open next year. They've been blocking the show for months. I think it's just that, realistically, there's just not much real "work" to be done. It's not much of a drastic change for the venue, allegedly.
This is very much the truth.

The show is planned, has been in pre-production for awhile. Now it's time to update the stage and and add in the new themed elements. I don't think we'll see much changed, especially in the queue/entrance area.

This is very much the truth.

The show is planned, has been in pre-production for awhile. Now it's time to update the stage and and add in the new themed elements. I don't think we'll see much changed, especially in the queue/entrance area.

This isn't exactly encouraging. Are they keeping the same seats as well?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, or at least a refurbished version of them. Most attention will likely be paid to making the stage area bigger to accommodate more live actors (God willing).

It would be an interesting experience if they turn all 3 screens into the stage. I can't think of any shows where the stage wraps around the audience like that.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
It would be an interesting experience if they turn all 3 screens into the stage. I can't think of any shows where the stage wraps around the audience like that.

It would work so long as large portions of the audience weren't having to crane their necks to see a lot of the action. I can imagine they'd get a ton of complaints, though I'd hope it might encourage people to see the show more than once to see what they may have missed. Attractions aren't like movies, though, where you can see a movie over and over again and notice all the fun little details you missed the first time(s) around. With other rides and things to do outside this show building (unlike your average movie theater), I don't think people would see it multiple times during one vacation.

I never saw T2. Is the stage/screen area set up in a way to allow for more panoramic action? Could the bottom and side rows of seats (the ones most affected by things happening at odd angles from their viewing field--center seats usually have a wider field of vision) be changed or removed to open up the area enough for the central viewing field to be larger?

It would work so long as large portions of the audience weren't having to crane their necks to see a lot of the action. I can imagine they'd get a ton of complaints, though I'd hope it might encourage people to see the show more than once to see what they may have missed. Attractions aren't like movies, though, where you can see a movie over and over again and notice all the fun little details you missed the first time(s) around. With other rides and things to do outside this show building (unlike your average movie theater), I don't think people would see it multiple times during one vacation.

I never saw T2. Is the stage/screen area set up in a way to allow for more panoramic action? Could the bottom and side rows of seats (the ones most affected by things happening at odd angles from their viewing field--center seats usually have a wider field of vision) be changed or removed to open up the area enough for the central viewing field to be larger?
All seats were set far enough back away from the walls that it wasn’t inconvenient to see the sides.

From what I understand the 3 screen setup will be the same. And same seats.

I'm wondering if they'll reuse effects like the seat drop and maybe the fog system.

I feel it's the same reason as why F&F got delayed from it's originally announced end of 2017. They had nothing for 2018 planned and pushed it from 2017 to 2018. But with this - they have Potter in 2019.
Is it possible we don't even see this thing open until 2020 due to the fact they don't have much else on the horizon?
A potential JP/USF Show that year? Being cheap, and as @Teebin said, a potential "Rob Peter to pay Paul" situation w/ Park 4?

F&F got delayed because of surprise issues when they demolished Disaster/BJ; as well as the workforce being limited.

IDK what caused the delay for this, yet.

I could be wrong but I remember someone here talking about some issues due this project wasn't under Creative Team responsability. Is that proceed?

I could be wrong but I remember someone here talking about some issues due this project wasn't under Creative Team responsability. Is that proceed?
Well... the project is being developed predominately by A&D/Entertainment (not Creative), but that isn't the reason for any delays. I think a lot of it was just priorities and finalizing concepts.