Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should collectively try and get a group discount for all the business we’ll be throwing at them to get some photos of construction.
If they were smart they could just put up a webcam. They could put a watermark on the images to advertise the Eye and there would easily be enough people keeping an eye on things to take screenshots when anything interesting happens.

If they were smart they could just put up a webcam. They could put a watermark on the images to advertise the Eye and there would easily be enough people keeping an eye on things to take screenshots when anything interesting happens.

I think the idea is solid but I think they would rather charge bloggers to go up. There’s no money to be made giving away freebies.

Taking the occasional good photo and posting it on their social media though, that’s a great way to get interest.

I think the idea is solid but I think they would rather charge bloggers to go up. There’s no money to be made giving away freebies.

Taking the occasional good photo and posting it on their social media though, that’s a great way to get interest.
Hey it’s free advertising versus a blogger who likely already has an AP anyway.

Would not be surprised if Universal ends up partnering with Shingle Creek to be considered "on-site" the same way the Swan & Dolphins are considered Disney World hotels even though they are not Disney. That quickly adds a golf course to the resort.
Wan't like Disney had much of a choice though on those (They're the result of a lawsuit) lol. Sometimes I think they were designed to be hideous in revenge.

Golf is a dying sport. I'd doubt they'll acquire a course at this point, but they already have a golf program that gets you deals at area courses.

NBC's Golf Channel is headquartered just across Sand Lake Road from the new property. With so many (top tier) golf courses here in the Orlando area, they don't need to have one as part of the resort, they just need to make/maintain relationships with the neighboring golf course owners. I'm sure that's part of why they host parking for the big tournament each year...

I believe Comcast/NBC wants golf more than UOR wants golf.

That said, I do believe that golf will be part of the resort. Yes Uni already has an agreement with nearby courses, but that is different than Dad popping over for a round while rest of the fam is riding rides. My brother does that all the time at WDW. He never does at Uni. it's just not convenient.

Speaking of Golf being a dying sport... There's rumblings that those headquarters are not long for this world. And will be absorbed into other NBC Sports locations.

NBC Sports are definitely helping boost the bottom line this year. But it's kinda hard to monitize that in their current resort model. That being said, they are VERY proud of the fact that they've pushed WDW out of the market on stuff like Grad events and Religious Concerts.... Would they dare compete with Wide World of Sports and go after the sports tournament crowd?

Speaking of Golf being a dying sport... There's rumblings that those headquarters are not long for this world. And will be absorbed into other NBC Sports locations.

NBC Sports are definitely helping boost the bottom line this year. But it's kinda hard to monitize that in their current resort model. That being said, they are VERY proud of the fact that they've pushed WDW out of the market on stuff like Grad events and Religious Concerts.... Would they dare compete with Wide World of Sports and go after the sports tournament crowd?
WWoS takes up the same amount of land (or more) as an entire park. Building something like that would eliminate the possibility of a fourth dry park and even potentially take up a water park plot.

It would make zero sense to build something like that as it severely limits the future of their property. I can see Universal building maybe a few structures for things like that, but nothing on the scale of WWoS.

Also, they do have some hold on the cheer groups currently. They use SS33.

For space concerns, it would better for them to continue on with just mainly sporting cheer competitions, band competitions, their growing income based in Esports and increase their share in Fandom based events like PotterCon, etc which in the long run will pay off more.

WWoS takes up the same amount of land (or more) as an entire park. Building something like that would eliminate the possibility of a fourth dry park and even potentially take up a water park plot.

It would make zero sense to build something like that as it severely limits the future of their property. I can see Universal building maybe a few structures for things like that, but nothing on the scale of WWoS.

Also, they do have some hold on the cheer groups currently. They use SS33.

Make no mistake, other than the Golf being moved piece, that was just spit balling. Just trying to think of think of other ways to monetize the NBC Sports brand that would positively impact the resort.

For space concerns, it would better for them to continue on with just mainly sporting cheer competitions, band competitions, their growing income based in Esports and increase their share in Fandom based events like PotterCon, etc which in the long run will pay off more.

That makes sense. I think where I was headed with that line of thinking was the extra revenue from a course would be minimal. But something like you listed that actually drives groups of people to go to and spend money at the resort makes way more sense.

An NBC Sports Hotel isn’t out of the question is it?

NBC Sports's All-Star Sports Resorts...? I do think Uni should set aside some "NBC Sports Complex" that houses space to host E-Sports and maybe some dance competitions and a NBC Sports studio. That's if they feel like they need to.

I think Uni won't try to attack WWoS other than creating a more appropriate setting for Dance competitions.

I could see a sports center of some sort being a good compliment to the convention center. The convention center already hosts quite a few things, especially cheer events which of course during the season there's a national championship every week so I'm sure there's lots of money there. It doesn't have to be anything nearly as big and complex as the EWWOS. Again similar to the golf discussion sports fields could also be a decent use of what will otherwise just be vacant unused land.

Just came across this article: In-N-Out Burger, an SNL Lounge and every other rumor we've heard about CityWalk Orlando | Blogs

Is it still possible that we'll see some of these concepts/restaurants in the next CityWalk? They sounded pretty cool, but the article is over a year old at this point.

Some of the concepts include:
  • Nintendo arcade/museum (maybe that Pac-Man patent?), similar to Dave and Busters
  • In-N-Out Burger
  • Saturday Night Live Lounge
  • A German beer hall
  • A robot cabaret show dinner theater

Just came across this article: In-N-Out Burger, an SNL Lounge and every other rumor we've heard about CityWalk Orlando | Blogs

Is it still possible that we'll see some of these concepts/restaurants in the next CityWalk? They sounded pretty cool, but the article is over a year old at this point.

Some of the concepts include:
  • Nintendo arcade/museum (maybe that Pac-Man patent?), similar to Dave and Busters
  • In-N-Out Burger
  • Saturday Night Live Lounge
  • A German beer hall
  • A robot cabaret show dinner theater
I think the SNL one was part of a survey so it's maybe got a decent chance. In-N-Out is probably a definite no. Unless they're planning to open them throughout the area it would be way too expensive and they only just recently moved as far east as Texas so that would be quite a jump.

I think the SNL one was part of a survey so it's maybe got a decent chance. In-N-Out is probably a definite no. Unless they're planning to open them throughout the area it would be way too expensive and they only just recently moved as far east as Texas so that would be quite a jump.

Voodoo Doughnut doesn't have any stores nearby, either. It could just be an exclusive thing.

Yeah.

The only thing that's plausible from anything that Ken said, is some form of Nintendo presence in Citywalk or the future Southern Property entertainment area.

Status
Not open for further replies.