Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 389 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the opposite of niche, unless you meant to say generic? Beer gardens / halls have been the thing in cities all over North America for the past half-decade +

The usage was appropriate.

I have to agree. A big German beer hall is one of the most popular eateries even in the small, touristy Shore town of Asbury Park (full of bars and restaurants). I think the appeal is quite broad.

Universal is not going to open a German beer hall/restaurant, especially when they view NBC Grill Brew as their "Craft Beer provider".

I don't know much about craft burger restaurants (husband loves them though, so I've been to many), but if we're talking burger places, would something like Wahlburgers be out of the question? They're opening something like 30 stand-alone restaurants nationwide in the next couple of years through a partnership with Hy-Vee. I think the closest to Florida would be in Atlanta and in the Carolinas. Las Vegas is also seeing one or more opening, in addition to locations throughout the Midwest. Or would they be considered too much of a chain, given their future expansions, or too closely tied to the Wahlberg brothers to jive with Universal? Just throwing it out there. I have nothing else to contribute to a burger conversation, lol.

I don't know much about craft burger restaurants (husband loves them though, so I've been to many), but if we're talking burger places, would something like Wahlburgers be out of the question? They're opening something like 30 stand-alone restaurants nationwide in the next couple of years through a partnership with Hy-Vee. I think the closest to Florida would be in Atlanta and in the Carolinas. Las Vegas is also seeing one or more opening, in addition to locations throughout the Midwest. Or would they be considered too much of a chain, given their future expansions, or too closely tied to the Wahlberg brothers to jive with Universal? Just throwing it out there. I have nothing else to contribute to a burger conversation, lol.
Already here
Orlando | Official Site for the Boston Burger Restaurant

Reactions: Sithina
At this point, it seems like Orlando has all of the trendy nationwide chains. I imagine that CityWalk will either stick with original concepts or put in regional trendy chains.

But really, I have the feeling that most everything is going to end up being a Universal original from here on out.

Ah, nevermind then :) I don't keep up on any of these types of things, if you couldn't tell, lol. Are there any other craft burger concepts that aren't currently in Orlando, if Universal wasn't just going to do one itself?
I could actually see Whalburgers working for Universal. The other two locations are far enough away that they’re generally outside of what a typical tourist would encounter.

I think the only way they’re going to end up with something truly unique is if they just make an original one of their own. Much like Disney with Deluxe burger, although hopefully much better quality if they go that route.

Reactions: n i c k and Sithina
But really, I have the feeling that most everything is going to end up being a Universal original from here on out.

Are there more pros than cons for doing this on a much larger scale than Universal is already doing? Would they be open to a Loews type situation, only with a restaurant management company, where they'd get their own original concepts but would split the day-to-day running of many of the restaurants? I doubt restaurants are as expensive to run as running a bunch of hotels would be, but a whole Citywalk 2, plus all the in-house resort/park restuarants in addition to their current resort might be a strain.

Are there more pros than cons for doing this on a much larger scale than Universal is already doing? Would they be open to a Loews type situation, only with a restaurant management company, where they'd get their own original concepts but would split the day-to-day running of many of the restaurants? I doubt restaurants are as expensive to run as running a bunch of hotels would be, but a whole Citywalk 2, plus all the in-house resort/park restuarants in addition to their current resort might be a strain.
They’ve been transitioning to running their own places with all of the recent changes in CityWalk. I would assume that’s telling in how they want to approach the business right now.

They’ve been transitioning to running their own places with all of the recent changes in CityWalk. I would assume that’s telling in how they want to approach the business right now.

Makes sense, then. :) They certainly seem to have a number of hits on their hands with their own concepts--I don't think there's anything like Toothsome anywhere, for example. I'd be curious to see what they could do at their new resort, or what they've wanted to do at CityWalk but can't for whatever reason (space, dual concepts, etc).

At this point, it seems like Orlando has all of the trendy nationwide chains. I imagine that CityWalk will either stick with original concepts or put in regional trendy chains.

They can also pull from the international market as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.