Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm still kind of shocked that Disney is building so many rides at the same time. I'm just not used to the idea of them having multiple ride projects at the same time.

It's exciting, but after what's been announced... what's next? I'm sure after Epcot/DHS Disney will look into AK and adding something else to MK.

to be honest, I'm expecting a bit of siesta for a while. I mean Tron is barely off the ground.

I'm expecting something like that as well. It seems very reminiscent of the 2005/2006 program where we had Mickey sleep for a decade unto NFL opened. It really looks like Disney internally has said: "Let's just do what we need to do now and we won't do nothing for another few years after that."

Reactions: Magic-Man
I'm still kind of shocked that Disney is building so many rides at the same time. I'm just not used to the idea of them having multiple ride projects at the same time.

I was thinking the same thing this morning. After this big push toward the 50th...I’m hoping that we see the 4 parks on a 4 year rotation....a new attraction for each park every 4 years.

Reactions: Jones14
Yes, I also think things will slow down significantly after this flurry from D23.

I think it really all comes down to the reaction of the new attractions. If they see a significant boost, I’d like to think that they’ll see that investment is worthwhile but then again it’s Disney.

Reactions: tankart150
I think there's also some wait and see for what Universal announces and when, as well as waiting to see what happens with the economy. We are overdue for an economic recession statistically, and businesses know it.

I think there's also some wait and see for what Universal announces and when, as well as waiting to see what happens with the economy. We are overdue for an economic recession statistically, and businesses know it.
Disney doesn't wait and see for Universal. They just do what they want.

Besides, both creative teams (WDI and UC) pretty much know what's in the pipeline for both sides.

"The attraction will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021." It seems to me that they worded that carefully to say that it'll be ready by 2021 without giving an actual opening timeframe.

Just to clarify, I have no insider affiliations or sources connected to WDI. It just seems odd to me that a coaster would take 3 years to be built, no matter how innovative it is. Gringotts only took 2 years, and that's more dark ride than coaster, which is what GOTG will be.

Reactions: Scott W.
Circle of Life show scheduled for 2020 now apparently. Will use IP. Described as a modern take on Circle of Life. What they SHOULD do is use DisneyNature to create a 15 minute film for the space. What they probably will do is throw Zootopia in there or something.

Also, Martin posted a slightly vague, but discernible track layout for the GotG ride, but he stated he wants it to be WDWM exclusive and doesn't like people stealing his work, so i'll respect his wishes and not repost.

What, you mean they closed a show without replacement and won’t have something new till 2020? Why can’t they announce it now? Bourne is such a bad idea they should put in Sing! ;)

/fin

Could you link the layout?

Last edited by a moderator: