Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like types of foods or restaurants that are big here?
Yes, trends are different in different parts of the world and often "the next big thing" Can be something that is familiar in your area but is amazing when introduced to virgin eyes.
If nothing comes to mind that's OK with me.

My two suggestions have been Rasing Canes
I don't see it happening, but I would definitely be all for Raising Canes! Also would be a good start for them expanding to this area. I imagine they're a little hesitant to expand here since Zaxby's and PDQ are already so prevalent.

Yes, trends are different in different parts of the world and often "the next big thing" Can be something that is familiar in your area but is amazing when introduced to virgin eyes.
If nothing comes to mind that's OK with me.

Oh lordy I have a few....especially ones that Westerns once they try end up loving a lot and I can see exploding.

First called JJimdak 찜닭. its a family style dish meant to be shared. Its typically braised chicken in a soy based sauce withboiled egg. glass noodles, potatoes, green peppers, dumplings, rice cake, onions, and carrots. It ranges from sweet to extremely spicy and can be covered with cheese to make a sort of fondue. On the side its served with rice and cabbage kimchi with drinks being Somaek and Soju of some sort. (Somaek is essentially a mixed alcoholic drink that fuses Beer and Soju and it gets you drunk super fast). Some places add seafood to it and others add different meats. This is quite popular dish for meeting friends and a kids enjoy this dish as well as adults.
20160702_213057.jpg

Second thing I think will be loved is Korean Seobinggo….its a Korean dessert of ice cream, fruit, shaved ice, syrup, in a huge bowl and meant to be shared as well.
0f156e6743f34b6eacd9bb8b9661da09.jpg

Galbi Tacos and kimchi fries and makolitas: Galbi is a special kind of marinated meat usually chicken, pork, or beef and with a larger interest in Mexican food has lead to a fusion dish that is growing here and so delicious. Kimchi fries used kimchi which is a spicy pickled veggie usually cabbage with bulgogi (Korean thin sliced meat) and so much other stuff. Served with makolitas (margaritas made with traditional Korean rice wine)
vatos-urban-tacos-itaewon.jpg

Jajangmyeon and Naengmyeon (black bean noodle and cold noodle): Black bean noodle was a dish brought from China and adapted to Korea. With a thick black bean soy paste, this dish is popular with the vegetarian/vegan crowds, Its very tasty and light at the same time extremely filling. Now cold noodles is a kinda a soup served ice cold usually and is filling and refreshing for the summer. Its quite popular with foreigners once they get past seeing ice cubes in their soup. Its a very tasty treat.
maxresdefault.jpg

Lastly, Korean BBQ and Dakgalbi. I know its in most major cities now...but still for those who never had they leave happy.

I think we're going to only see more of Universal Creative's concept restaurants. They can knock off any concept out there and make it specific to the resort AND keep all the profits rather than paying franchise fees. No need for chains anymore.
I don't think they're opposed to franchising as Cowfish and Voodoo show. I think they're looking for either new creative concepts of their own or franchises that they can own and operate and they probably have some specifics they are looking for for it to fit in their current business model.

Oh lordy I have a few....especially ones that Westerns once they try end up loving a lot and I can see exploding.

First called JJimdak 찜닭. its a family style dish meant to be shared. Its typically braised chicken in a soy based sauce withboiled egg. glass noodles, potatoes, green peppers, dumplings, rice cake, onions, and carrots. It ranges from sweet to extremely spicy and can be covered with cheese to make a sort of fondue. On the side its served with rice and cabbage kimchi with drinks being Somaek and Soju of some sort. (Somaek is essentially a mixed alcoholic drink that fuses Beer and Soju and it gets you drunk super fast). Some places add seafood to it and others add different meats. This is quite popular dish for meeting friends and a kids enjoy this dish as well as adults.
20160702_213057.jpg

Second thing I think will be loved is Korean Seobinggo….its a Korean dessert of ice cream, fruit, shaved ice, syrup, in a huge bowl and meant to be shared as well.
0f156e6743f34b6eacd9bb8b9661da09.jpg

Galbi Tacos and kimchi fries and makolitas: Galbi is a special kind of marinated meat usually chicken, pork, or beef and with a larger interest in Mexican food has lead to a fusion dish that is growing here and so delicious. Kimchi fries used kimchi which is a spicy pickled veggie usually cabbage with bulgogi (Korean thin sliced meat) and so much other stuff. Served with makolitas (margaritas made with traditional Korean rice wine)
vatos-urban-tacos-itaewon.jpg

Jajangmyeon and Naengmyeon (black bean noodle and cold noodle): Black bean noodle was a dish brought from China and adapted to Korea. With a thick black bean soy paste, this dish is popular with the vegetarian/vegan crowds, Its very tasty and light at the same time extremely filling. Now cold noodles is a kinda a soup served ice cold usually and is filling and refreshing for the summer. Its quite popular with foreigners once they get past seeing ice cubes in their soup. Its a very tasty treat.
maxresdefault.jpg

Lastly, Korean BBQ and Dakgalbi. I know its in most major cities now...but still for those who never had they leave happy.
That looks great! I think that food would do very well in the new CW (or even for an Emeril's replacement).

First of all, amazing post.

Second, I totally agree. Universal could blow epcot out of the water by creating a new CityWalk focused on International Flavor. The truth is that great 'ethnic' food is now commonplace all across the country, and is super popular among millenials.

A Korean restaurant with the 24-hour vibe, ramen, high end authentic Japanese Izakaya, Szechuan chinese, South Indian dosa place, Korean cafe/dessert place, Pho, Senegalese/West African, Ethiopian, etc. etc. etc.

I one way to go Disney-Sea level (and attract a more 'sophisticated' convention crowd) is to get away from the "Melt" classic American food you can get at any amusement park, mall, or sports arena in the country. Americans are far more adventurous eaters than they were a decade or two ago, and there's just so much high-quality food you could get people excited for...

And you could still have things like a german beer garden, belgian fries spot, neapolitan pizza, portuguese chicken, etc.

First of all, amazing post.

Second, I totally agree. Universal could blow epcot out of the water by creating a new CityWalk focused on International Flavor. The truth is that great 'ethnic' food is now commonplace all across the country, and is super popular among millenials.

A Korean restaurant with the 24-hour vibe, ramen, high end authentic Japanese Izakaya, Szechuan chinese, South Indian dosa place, Korean cafe/dessert place, Pho, Senegalese/West African, Ethiopian, etc. etc. etc.

I one way to go Disney-Sea level (and attract a more 'sophisticated' convention crowd) is to get away from the "Melt" classic American food you can get at any amusement park, mall, or sports arena in the country. Americans are far more adventurous eaters than they were a decade or two ago, and there's just so much high-quality food you could get people excited for...

And you could still have things like a german beer garden, belgian fries spot, neapolitan pizza, portuguese chicken, etc.

A best of the World Showcase sounds like a great idea.

I think the new City Walk needs some experiences outside of stores/restaurants. Escape room would work well.

An interesting idea, but I think escape rooms might be too low-capacity for something like Citywalk? Unless they offered some sort of boutique experience that they could charge a premium for and limit to a select number of groups daily (by reservation, maybe? I don't know). Are escape rooms reaching the end of their interest to the GP or are they still a thing?

A highly themed arcade experience catering to all age levels could be a lot of fun, and quite successful. Nintendo has some experience with this. :) Seeing something similar to some of the amazing arcade experiences in, say, Japan, could be interesting, and possibly be a unique addition to the CW2 skyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.